Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The HF are back today, and for the rest of the season.
Interesting.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The HF are back today, and for the rest of the season.
Interesting.

Where are they going - I thought a fair bit of their former home had been sold onto others. Or are they accelerating the displacement of the Block E 400?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Just in time to throw legitmate ticket holders out of their seats at The Amex. Standard.

I’ve heard parish has given them a block booking at the front so hopefully this won’t happen .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Where are they going - I thought a fair bit of their former home had been sold onto others. Or are they accelerating the displacement of the Block E 400?

Back to where they were I believe .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Time to reclaim the “ best atmosphere in the premier league “ crown . Selhurst will be rocking .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Time to reclaim the “ best atmosphere in the premier league “ crown . Selhurst will be rocking .

Aren't you just a teensy weensy bit embarrassed that the "best atmosphere in the Premier League" became the worst atmosphere in the Premier League when you're 100 cheerleaders went on strike.

You do understand how much of a sham the 23,000 or so other "supporters" now look, right?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Aren't you just a teensy weensy bit embarrassed that the "best atmosphere in the Premier League" became the worst atmosphere in the Premier League when you're 100 cheerleaders went on strike.

You do understand how much of a sham the 23,000 or so other "supporters" now look, right?

The atmosphere wasn’t great , I’ll give you that , But that’ was due to not winning a game . This farce will soon be forgotten ( not on here obs )

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The atmosphere wasn’t great , I’ll give you that , But that’ was due to not winning a game . This farce will soon be forgotten ( not on here obs )

So 100 supporters will mean you win a game? Or is it that you are playing a Burnley side that is shit at the moment ....I guess HF will be claiming the glory.....embarrassing

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Again, I could waste a few minutes picking comments from Palace fans that show that "wasn't great" doesn't reflect quite how appalling it's clearly been.

And the farce seems to be a long way from over for those poor 400 who still have to move to shit seats, possibly having their long-standing groups broken up, not to mention your club's opaque selection process for who makes the grade and gets to be part of the "wall of noise".

As many of your own fans have said, whether they agree with what is being done or not, your club's handling of this is incredibly piss-poor but sadly typical of an organisation that doesn't seem to have a shred of professionalism about it.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Again, I could waste a few minutes picking comments from Palace fans that show that "wasn't great" doesn't reflect quite how appalling it's clearly been.

And the farce seems to be a long way from over for those poor 400 who still have to move to shit seats, possibly having their long-standing groups broken up, not to mention your club's opaque selection process for who makes the grade and gets to be part of the "wall of noise".

As many of your own fans have said, whether they agree with what is being done or not, your club's handling of this is incredibly piss-poor but sadly typical of an organisation that doesn't seem to have a shred of professionalism about it.

It’s been handled poorly . I’m concerned that the drum will again be near me so the move to block e can’t come soon enough .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So 100 supporters will mean you win a game?

I think so. We'll see a return to the form of early last season where, with the HF at their rampant best, Palace:

Lost 3-0 to newly promoted Huddersfield
Lost 2-0 to subsequently relegated Swansea
Lost 1-0 to struggling Southampton

And before they bat that away with the "but, but, but we had a shit manager then", this is how Palace have performed at Fortress Selhurst over past seasons:

2017/18 League position: 13th / Home form: 13th
2016/17 League position: 14th / Home form: 18th
2015/16 League position: 15th / Home form: 18th
2014/15 League position: 10th / Home form: 16th
2013/14 League position: 11th / Home form: 11th

In short, at no time since they were promoted to the Premier League has their home form been better than their league position, and on two seasons they would have been relegated based on their home form.

So for all of the self-proclaimed "best atmosphere in the Premier League" boasts, it doesn't actually seem to translate to anything on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here