Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Some of my Albion related facts seem to have hit a nerve here. Have a good evening Large one.

Let's take a moment to look at some facts...

100 or so Spurs fans on loan to south London, dressed in black, were given a promise by the Chairman of the football club which he was not able to keep. Or if he could keep it, it would have meant alienating a different group of fans who, in so keeping his promise, would have been considered lesser fans due to their enforced move by these Spurs fans.

Meanwhile, those same people chose to remain in their seats, not wishing to move as they were quite happy where they were. So the 100 or so Spurs fans threw the mother of all hissy-fits - bigger than I could ever throw - and decided not to renew their own season tickets. Why they chose not to renew - or rather, who they blamed - isn't that clear. But the upshot of it is, they felt themselves superior to other Palace fans, and were not prepared to be treated like regular fans. in other words, like everyone else.

So they sulked and walked off. And are continuing their sulk.

Then it transpires that there are many (not all, of course) who wish for them to be treated as superior fans and get their own way, and keep this fabled atmosphere going, thus releasing everyone else from their obligation of creating an atmosphere. "Bring them back, bring them back. They sing, and we don't. Or won't. And can't..."

So we have a situation where the Spurs fans and a certain number of Palace fans consider these children superior supporters, while many Palace fans wish for them to stay, be put where they want, in order - and here's the irony - for them to be their dancing bears and perform their routines for their entertainment.

And the Palace board - who partially created this problem in the first place - have washed their hands of the whole situation, despite claiming they have the most *cough* progressive relationship with their fans in the country.

And you think this is something we are jealous of...?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
:D Blimey off the irony scale here! Still nutz I see.

Can’t see any irony.. don’t be jealous because we have been getting bigger crowds than you for years..I know you need to try and justify that somehow..so will leave you to it!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
How do Crystal Palace fans define a fact - they simply state something bollocks,state it again and again and again and suddenly it is a fact! Quite simple really

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Another thread borne out of jealously as I see it. Must be hard over the past few seasons for you lot to read and hear in the media how well respected our fans and atmosphere is. Why don't some of you get your heads together and try and improve the happy clacky AMEX atmosphere? You walk out to an old marching song that about 20% of your customers know the words to. Ring of fire and Albion...Albion.. (both Liverpool long before you used them) Don't constitute an atmosphere.

State sponsored flag waving twice a season is the highlight for you lot, How sad. I suppose the large amount of two team Tarquin's down there has diluted the passion in the stands. There must be a few of you old school Albion left that might make an effort though? We will be back united soon, Where as the north stand will probably continue to be a wonky wasteland void of any passion or noise.

Get the NSK involved now :D
Now THAT is what I call a flounce!

Watch out HF2010/always ultras - you have competition!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
He can't see anything from the depths of that pit he's dug himself into :D
I've noticed he has swerved all the questions about 100 teens creating the 'Famous Atmosphere' and the rest ain't got a clue.

At least at the Amex the Atmosphere is Organic and don't need 100 or so fans, with a drum, to create it.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
How do Crystal Palace fans define a fact - they simply state something bollocks,state it again and again and again and suddenly it is a fact! Quite simple really

To be fair, there’s a few Albion fans on here with the same modus operandi.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Of all the vermin that post on here [MENTION=22870]CPFC G[/MENTION] is, in many ways, my favourite. Thicker than over reduced treacle he’s the stupid kid you’d invite round if you were really in trouble with your parents and you needed an imbecile to take the rap. He’s been owned so many time that NSC takes it in turns to take him out for walkies. If Palace are the gift that keeps giving them he’s Palace personified. This thread is absolute gold and it’s only Thursday :lolol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Of all the vermin that post on here [MENTION=22870]CPFC G[/MENTION] is, in many ways, my favourite. Thicker than over reduced treacle he’s the stupid kid you’d invite round if you were really in trouble with your parents and you needed an imbecile to take the rap. He’s been owned so many time that NSC takes it in turns to take him out for walkies. If Palace are the gift that keeps giving them he’s Palace personified. This thread is absolute gold and it’s only Thursday :lolol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is very reminiscent of @Return of the Mach, same delusion, same lack of self awareness, same level of intelligence, they couldn’t be one of the same, could they?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He is very reminiscent of @Return of the Mach, same delusion, same lack of self awareness, same level of intelligence, they couldn’t be one of the same, could they?

Yep, never actually answers the question but goes off on a red herring waxing lyrical of all things Palace being better in every way than anything the Albion could dream about. “Fact”by the way.

Absolutely pointless to try and have any meaningful discussion with either of them.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Another thread borne out of jealously as I see it. Must be hard over the past few seasons for you lot to read and hear in the media how well respected our fans and atmosphere is. Why don't some of you get your heads together and try and improve the happy clacky AMEX atmosphere? You walk out to an old marching song that about 20% of your customers know the words to. Ring of fire and Albion...Albion.. (both Liverpool long before you used them) Don't constitute an atmosphere.

State sponsored flag waving twice a season is the highlight for you lot, How sad. I suppose the large amount of two team Tarquin's down there has diluted the passion in the stands. There must be a few of you old school Albion left that might make an effort though? We will be back united soon, Where as the north stand will probably continue to be a wonky wasteland void of any passion or noise.

Get the NSK involved now :D
🤣🤣🤣

That's brilliant comedy. Well played.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills