Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Me neither. I've just had one of my Palace work colleagues gleefully telling me that over 9,000 'ordinary' Palace fans have voted in support of the Ultras I've only dipped in and out of this thread, so I'm not sure what the false votes were trying to achieve?

The poll is flawed anyway as every vote is registered as two votes

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why wouldn't they find out? The petition was a complete farce. If I were in that situation I'd want to know the validity of it. And it would turn out that it wasn't valid at all.

It's not just the "signatories" from here. The other few thousand could have been done by one person with a lot of time on their hands. Plus it seemed to count every entry twice.

It makes a Mugabe election look legitimate.

We know that, but if the board is set on moving the hoodies, they aren't going to tell the Palace regulars that.
Palace fans are thrilled that they've got so many signatures. They really don't care where they came from.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Why wouldn't they find out? The petition was a complete farce. If I were in that situation I'd want to know the validity of it. And it would turn out that it wasn't valid at all.

It's not just the "signatories" from here. The other few thousand could have been done by one person with a lot of time on their hands. Plus it seemed to count every entry twice.

It makes a Mugabe election look legitimate.

And what good would knowing that do you?

The poll simply helps justify what the club wants to do - it’s not in their interest to dig into the validity of the votes cast. I didn’t see the point in casting votes the way some have, (still don’t). All that has been achieved is to assist Palace in inconveniencing genuine football fans. Some no doubt will take a level of pleasure in that.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
We know that, but if the board is set on moving the hoodies, they aren't going to tell the Palace regulars that.
Palace fans are thrilled that they've got so many signatures. They really don't care where they came from.
The fanatics are pleased they have so many votes, but I don't think the older established STH fans are so delighted and reading the BBS there is a belief this will all end in tears

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Why would the board need to tell them anything? The information is freely available on the internet.

The issue is completely dividing Palace fans from what I've seen and long may that continue!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
How will the ticket office or the board know who is part of these new fanatics, are the people who run the poll going to issue the club with names? So will these spotty kids decide who can have these season tickets

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thousands of posts on the threads on BBS and Holmesdale forums which have been linked on here before.

Basically arguing about this very subject over and over and over again. About a 50/50 split from what I saw.

The links don't work unless you're registered and I am not going to register. Maybe you could put a screenshot?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Begs the question, why do you give a flying **** anyway

Because it’s amusing to see this real life binfest unfolding with a large percentage of the entries being silly ones posted by Albion fans. Patiently waiting to see a list of the people who have signed up for this atmosphere saving desperation from you caravan dwellers.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
most palace fans now know this is happening and it will put some fans out ( understandably so ) . There’s strong rumours that safe standing is going to get the go ahead so fans in that stand will have to move eventually if they won’t to remain seated. The lower holmesdale will be the first stand to have safe standing so most vocal fans will want to relocate there . It’s been a mess but we got there in the end :lolol:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Because it’s amusing to see this real life binfest unfolding with a large percentage of the entries being silly ones posted by Albion fans. Patiently waiting to see a list of the people who have signed up for this atmosphere saving desperation from you caravan dwellers.

The petition did its job so thanks . You never know , you might get a email offering you seats in the singing area and we can become your second club .

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
The petition did its job so thanks . You never know , you might get a email offering you seats in the singing area and we can become your second club .

so basically you are saying your own fans could not be bothered to support this petition but as we took the p**s you can now shaft some of your loyal fans for the 12 yr old spotty tw*ts. I assume you are not one of those who will loose their seat.. Your club is really a joke... have to have an organised signing section to ensure the rest of you lot make some noise ... FFS how tinpot

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
EC387D45-E8A0-4103-B695-7B838953D100.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here