Page 128 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2878118125126127128129130131138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1868

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Large One View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As a side issue - but related - I was at an FSF meeting yesterday, and the Palace rep flatly denied their fans had anything to do with vandalising the Bruno mural. No, really.
    I am shocked! No, wait, what's the opposite of shocked? I'm whatever that is.
    'Football implies the desire to suffer' - Theodor Adorno
    Football V Homophobia | Football v Homophobia in association with Pride Sports

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Munday View Post
      They say the new singing section is open to all, so if the current occupants get together and want to stay and sing how can they be asked to move, the ultras will want seats next to each other so its going to be a complete shambles, this will run and run.
      Exactly
      And if the current occupants SAY they will sing etc, and keep their seats. But then later decide to carry on as they were before (sitting, standing, singing, not singing, whatever). Will they be forced to sing? Forced to wear black? Forced to create crudely crayoned semi-literate banners?
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      As a side issue - but related - I was at an FSF meeting yesterday, and the Palace rep flatly denied their fans had anything to do with vandalising the Bruno mural. No, really.
      Did you get to ask if they also turfed paying customers out of legally held seats or had his nose grown so long by that point that he had to leave before it became impossible for him to navigate corners?
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Wonder what the reaction will be when the homedale pathetics send round the begging bowl again to fund their 'displays'.
      Out of contract June 2019 : Bruno, Bong
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Blimey, still no Nig31s here to defend their club and explain how we've all got it terribly wrong? The Staffy must have eaten through the cables on the shared hub in Deluded HQ.
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      Fest avoider

0 Not allowed!
      What is an FSF meeting?
      I do not have a professional working knowledge of cricket.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stato View Post
      The stuff about bullying fellow fans out of their seats at away matches rings very true. We saw it happen at the Amex last season. For me Parish's preferential treatment of these attention seekers keeps bringing to mind Sam Hamman's weird courting of Cardiff's hooligan element. That ended well...

The strange thing is that half of their fans are so in thrall to the idea that the dumb and the drum is the only way of making an atmosphere in a football ground, that they are happy for the club's soul to be sold.

The Amex is less than a decade old, it's atmosphere has developed organically through shared responses to triumph and disaster. The defiance in the face of adversity that created the Sheffield Wednesday cauldron, the sheer joy that spilled out of the ground and around the town after promotion was confirmed were shared experiences: shared by everyone who loves the club, in whatever way they love it. The message that runs through 'Build A Bonfire' is that each person brought what they had to the battle to save our club and that no one element was of more importance than any other. Everybody fought in the way that they could fight.

By alienating a section of supporters that don't make enough noise, Palace could be alienating the chartered accountants who may be willing to trawl through any future amendments to the articles of association, they could be alienating middle aged women willing to stand in protest outside of their own political party's national conference, they could be alienating those who may be willing to stand as political candidates on behalf of their club, those who would be willing to volunteer for litter picks, those who would march, sponsored walk or send postcards, or write to their MPs or councillors, trumpeters, poets, internet techies, community organisers, even those that just have the wherewithal to put their hand in their pocket when it's needed. It's a terrible mistake. It defines support in a very narrow way and diminishes those who don't fit the definition. I'm very pleased to say that our shared experience would immediately point to the folly of our club taking such action and that we are owned by someone who has quite deliberately written that ethos through our club like Brighton through rock.
      Post of the day IMO
      Thanks Robbie - one day we'll name a stand after you.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blind Pugh View Post
      What is an FSF meeting?
      Football Supporters Federation I believe.
      'Football implies the desire to suffer' - Theodor Adorno
      Football V Homophobia | Football v Homophobia in association with Pride Sports

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blind Pugh View Post
      What is an FSF meeting?
      Fart , Shit & Flush ?
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BBassic View Post
      Football Supporters Federation I believe.
      I always find the Palace acronym "FYP" amusing as in my head it's "**** YOU PALACE".