Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Exactly
And if the current occupants SAY they will sing etc, and keep their seats. But then later decide to carry on as they were before (sitting, standing, singing, not singing, whatever). Will they be forced to sing? Forced to wear black? Forced to create crudely crayoned semi-literate banners?

What happens if they have a cold and get a sore throat or lose their voice?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
No way should any ST holder be told to move so these ultras can sit in block E. For a start as they need to stand they could not do this in the center of the stand as it would mean everyone would have to stand as you couldn’t see round them or over them, that’s why the corner is really the only place for them.

On a personal level I have sat in block B for 20 odd years and the ultras came to that part of the ground because it is the singing section. Over the last couple of years us older fans have been a concerned that they seem to take their self’s much to seriously and will start singing over the older songs.

I also think the Brighton game last season pissed a lot of us normal fans off, as a game we had looked forward to was spoilt by silly antics.

So next season I hope we hear some old school chants and after a heavy Friday night not having a drum banging away for 90 minuets will be a god send ��

It’s a shame they have thrown their toys out of the pram but no fans are bigger than the club.

Appears at Palace this isn't the case....

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Ludicrous comparison.

No-one has made any demands. No-one has the ear of Paul Barber to that extent - not that he is minded to grant that request. No-one is going to shit on their fellow supporters in this way.

And if nothing else, this sorry episode acts as a massive cautionary tale to the rest of us.

No, no-one has made any demands and no no-one has the club's ear, but that wasn't what my post said. Many on here were quite vocal (pun intended) about the safe standing/singing scenario and were very dismissive of those, like me who said they wouldn't want to move...

I just felt it a little rich to complain about the actions of another teams supporters, when it appeared some on here would equally quite happily dump on their own for the sake of their own needs.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Gotta credit Palace they are taking this big now....

By all accounts...not anyone can now sit in the favoured block...you have to be able sing and hit the right notes at the right time.

There will be auditions at the XL arena..candidates will be whittled down to a short list and made to audition in front of Prince Charming, Mark (****) Bright. Mr Tumble's dad and the Palace grounds man.

From there the final cut will be made at Directors houses in South Norwood, Thornton Heath, New Addington and Shrublands.

Then and only then will the finalist be unveiled to take their rightful place behind the goal.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
After the catastrophic shitstorm all this has caused, and all the resentment and fissures it has created between their supporters, the "HF" will have to be bloody AMAZING next season to justify the ousting of hundreds of long-term STH's who were (in their view) formally in the best seats behind the goal.

Displaced STH's who have sat together for years, suddenly being scattered to the wind all around that rotting cowshed of a ground - all eyes will on the group of fans behind the goal who forced it. Bloody hell, if they're not making a wall of noise from the first minute to the 90th, the atmosphere there will be utterly poisonous, as their fanbase tears itself apart. The anger, bitterness and resentment wlll be glorious.

Lovely stuff.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
After the catastrophic shitstorm all this has caused, and all the resentment and fissures it has created between their supporters, the "HF" will have to be bloody AMAZING next season to justify the ousting of hundreds of long-term STH's who were (in their view) formally in the best seats behind the goal.

Displaced STH's who have sat together for years, suddenly being scattered to the wind all around that rotting cowshed of a ground - all eyes will on the group of fans behind the goal who forced it. Bloody hell, if they're not making a wall of noise from the first minute to the 90th, the atmosphere there will be utterly poisonous, as their fanbase tears itself apart. The anger, bitterness and resentment wlll be glorious.

Lovely stuff.
Plus their amazing "displays" and that wall of noise will have to be done while sitting down. [emoji23]

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Plus their amazing "displays" and that wall of noise will have to be done while sitting down. [emoji23]

Well, that'll be the ready-made excuse, when despite all this upheaval and rancour Selhurst remains like a MORGUE.

Imagine if they're relegated this season and go back to the usual 13,000 rattling around the ground, with it being all but empty there anyway. Then all this aggravation will have been for nothing, except for the enduring residue of bitterness remaining within their fractured and dwindling fanbase. That would just be SO Palace.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I wonder if any of the fools in black regret taking this path.

They could've easily expanded organically from their position in the corner, but now nobody wins. This is a glorious lesson in how to shoot yourself in the foot :lolol:

Re: my first point, based on previous arrogance the answer is probably not. They think it's all about them.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
As a side issue - but related - I was at an FSF meeting yesterday, and the Palace rep flatly denied their fans had anything to do with vandalising the Bruno mural. No, really.

Ali.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wonder if any of the fools in black regret taking this path.

They could've easily expanded organically from their position in the corner, but now nobody wins. This is a glorious lesson in how to shoot yourself in the foot :lolol:

Re: my first point, based on previous arrogance the answer is probably not. They think it's all about them.

Of course they don't regret it. The HF have successfully bullied their way out of the corner of the ground to the superior seats directly behind the goal, at the expense of their fellow fans - and all with the clubs blessing. Its worked out PERFECTLY for them.

Its what they do. Anyone who was at the Amex last season will have seen them do exactly the same when they (eventually) arrived in the away end. They punched and vaulted their way in, then they barged their way down to the seats they wanted, evicting their fellow fans on the way.

Its Palace through and through. Classy.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I never did work out exactly what this display was when i first saw it and still not 100% sure now , on first glance i presumed it was a Victoria Plumbing advert for vanity units or perhaps the 2018-19 3rd kit promo , i hope they manage to find a home as i will miss these banksy type cryptic palace displays .

140505-039-Crystal_Palace_Liverpool-1024x506.jpg

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
I never did work out exactly what this display was when i first saw it and still not 100% sure now , on first glance i presumed it was a Victoria Plumbing advert for vanity units or perhaps the 2018-19 3rd kit promo , i hope they manage to find a home as i will miss these banksy type cryptic palace displays .

View attachment 101249

Steve Sidwell advertising?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Should we start to worry about the welfare of our usually resident Palace goon squad? Usually so prevalent on any thread that mentions ANYTHING Palace (unless they've lost again) their vociferous "as welcome as an STI" input has ceased to exist.

Their club is (yet again) involved in a hilarious crisis of its own making. We're filling our boots with pisstaking while actually (almost) feeling sorry for the way many proper Palace fans are being treated by the utter shambles that is Prince Charming and co.

Where are they? Surely they should be here telling us that Parish knows exactly what he's doing and that the majority of their fans support his actions (the petition proved that obviously). Or something, anything? But they've disappeared.....

Their silence says so much.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Lovely stuff.

It would be ideal if this happened in the Championship next season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Takes a while doesn't it. I think I eventually deciphered a laughable attempt at actually depicting a "fortress". That brown lump behind the goal presumably represents a drawbridge. The blue cards are...the sky ? I dunno. Those turrets just look like big cocks. Its almost like a scrawled crayon drawing by a 3 year old. You'd pat them on the head, put it on the fridge door for an evening, then quietly bin it in the morning.

When you lose your first 3 games at home one season (without scoring), and then fail to score at home before Halloween the next season, it kind of undermines the "fortress" aspect you're trying to portray dunnit.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
The fortress... mmm can just imagine them thinking this one up ....
that even trumps the pathetic Ipswich scroll a few seasons back

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Takes a while doesn't it. I think I eventually deciphered a laughable attempt at actually depicting a "fortress". That brown lump behind the goal presumably represents a drawbridge. The blue cards are...the sky ? I dunno. Those turrets just look like big cocks. Its almost like a scrawled crayon drawing by a 3 year old. You'd pat them on the head, put it on the fridge door for an evening, then quietly bin it in the morning.

When you lose your first 3 games at home one season (without scoring), and then fail to score at home before Halloween the next season, it kind of undermines the "fortress" aspect you're trying to portray dunnit.
Doesn't that just show the difference. The Amex has become a 'fortress' through hard work on the pitch and good support off. They just decide 'lets make Selhurst a fortress' and make a contrived banner with none of the requirements like actually having a good home record!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
As a side issue - but related - I was at an FSF meeting yesterday, and the Palace rep flatly denied their fans had anything to do with vandalising the Bruno mural. No, really.

Probably didn't want to admit that it was another massive Palace **** up, seeing as after it had been cleaned it actually looked even better than it did originally. They literally can't get ANYTHING right.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Should we start to worry about the welfare of our usually resident Palace goon squad? Usually so prevalent on any thread that mentions ANYTHING Palace (unless they've lost again) their vociferous "as welcome as an STI" input has ceased to exist.

Their club is (yet again) involved in a hilarious crisis of its own making. We're filling our boots with pisstaking while actually (almost) feeling sorry for the way many proper Palace fans are being treated by the utter shambles that is Prince Charming and co.

Where are they? Surely they should be here telling us that Parish knows exactly what he's doing and that the majority of their fans support his actions (the petition proved that obviously). Or something, anything? But they've disappeared.....

Their silence says so much.

Can I act as their proxy..after all I live here...

*ahem*

Alright you Tarquins (note by using a name such tarquins it inflates a sense of uber blokiness). Pipe down (blokie pub talk). We've been above you 123 out 684 years (Fact thrown in).

You'd love to have Selhurst as your ground (telling us our own mind)..any more of this and I'll have to get heavy and Pm yous'all (creation of fear).

Will that help ( <- the last bit was in my character.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here