Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Like I said you wouldnt get it. You have never experienced that type of atmosphere that the fanatics created and what we 'were' famed for. The embarrassing 'wheres your famous atmosphere' sung by practically every away support this season is unfortunately only an example of this. Selhurst has clearly not suddenly turned into the emirates. When you've been driving a bentley and then trade it in for a mondeo you are going to notice a drop in quality. Selhurst is now mediocre, much like the American express arena I should imagine.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
unlike your embarrassing record in away games its not something that should be taking up to much of your time anyhow. Normal service will be resumed.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Like I said you wouldnt get it. You have never experienced that type of atmosphere that the fanatics created and what we 'were' famed for. The embarrassing 'wheres your famous atmosphere' sung by practically every away support this season is unfortunately only an example of this. Selhurst has clearly not suddenly turned into the emirates. When you've been driving a bentley and then trade it in for a mondeo you are going to notice a drop in quality. Selhurst is now mediocre, much like the American express arena I should imagine.

Are you suggesting that:

a. None of us have ever been to Selhurst for a game, with the AU in attendance?

or that

b. The completely ordinary (but with a drum) atmosphere your fans created at those games was not representative of your matches against everyone else?

:shrug:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Like I said you wouldnt get it. You have never experienced that type of atmosphere that the fanatics created and what we 'were' famed for.

That's odd. I thought what you were famed for was being the first team in 129 years of Football League history years to lose your first 7 games without scoring a goal and the supporters making slit throat gestures to the players and offering to fight them outside after the game. I must be thinking of a different Crystal Palace.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
That's odd. I thought what you were famed for was being the first team in 129 years of Football League history years to lose your first 7 games without scoring a goal and the supporters making slit throat gestures to the players and offering to fight them outside after the game. I must be thinking of a different Crystal Palace.

And yet we still managed to finish above you. Cray cray

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

It's this level of delusion which is driving the whole problem in the first place.

We totally get it. In fact, we are more in solidarity with the shat-on displaced Palace fans than your lot are - that's how much we get it.

It's true, some of these on-loan Spurs fans do make a bit of noise, leaving the long-standing Palace fans to steadfastly refuse to make any noise in their absence (for no reason on this planet whatsoever, by the way) - but 'famed' for it? We're back to that delusion, again.

It's good, but don't ever fall into the trap of thinking that it's that good...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hahaha gotta love the 'we finished above you' reposte.

Ommitting to mention the extra £500,000,000 it cost to get to lower midtable safety.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

You did indeed... not paying your creditors, including St John's Ambulance (classy, as ever), and years spunking cash on just about any player chasing the dollar just about paid off... I await you next administration with joyful anticipation... who knows, Mr Tumble may finally leave in Jan, or be suspended or injured (he just doesn't get the protection he deserves, according to absolutely nobody except himself and Roy), then I'm sure you'll find yourselves back in the Championship...

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
"Where's your famous atmosphere?" instead of "What the ****ing hell is that?" that was usually sung at the amazing displays created by the AU.

So utterly deluded.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011

And your reply has got absolutely nothing to do with the shafting of its own fans by your beloved CPFC so here you go again trying to move the purpose of this thread.

You can't, in anyway, justify what's been done, you can try but it's impossible. Genuine fans shat on by the Chairman to pander to a few ijuts whose whole petition was flawed.

So, stop the pathetic 'we were higher than you', the 'we're noisier than the Amex' crap and either give genuine justification to what's been done, or p off back to the silence of your other palace posters who seem to have vanished.

Still let's give them credit, so far they know they can't justifying what's happened and so they're keeping quiet.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
All this famed Selhurst noise, when in fact its just mono compared to the 5.1 mix at many other grounds where the noise comes from the whole ground

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

The unabashed hubris in this post is quite astonishing. If you’re typical Palace then your average Nigel must have the humility and self awareness of Donald Trump banging one out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The embarrassing 'wheres your famous atmosphere' sung by practically every away support this season is unfortunately only an example of this.
Away fans point out that your fans are crap, and there's no sign of the atmosphere you've been banging on about having, and you leave the ground telling your mate 'Did you hear that, they said our atmosphere is famous' :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here