Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Friendly at Birmingham tomorrow

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He could fit into our system if you leave out Propper and get him and Gross to rotate, but they would have to be disciplined.

Really exciting looking player.

My only concern now is the numbers we are getting in the box to support Murray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was my concern too. I actually thought we outplayed Birmingham all over the field for most of the game, but too often March, Knockaert, Gross or whoever had only Murray to aim for, and he was surrounded by defenders. If we could get players forward into the attacking third as quickly as we get them back when defending then we might score more away goals.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
The Scouts In Attendance twitter account reported the below this morning. Guessing reason for the Hull scout no-show was due to the lack of Norwood and Skalak.

"Scouts from #mufc #efc #avfc #saintsfc #boro & @SUFCRootsHall were at #bcfc 1-1 #bhafc on Saturday

#mufc & #boro scouts were perf analysts - prob opposition scouting as they both play Birmingham & Brighton 2nd game of season

#hcafc head of recruitment was on list but didnt show"

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He's just back from a groin op. Both Duffys would probably agree but he's not going to sharpen up without a bit of match practice.

Agreed, but you wouldn't use a league match if he is questionable. As I say hopefully the next two will bring him up to speed.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That was my concern too. I actually thought we outplayed Birmingham all over the field for most of the game, but too often March, Knockaert, Gross or whoever had only Murray to aim for, and he was surrounded by defenders. If we could get players forward into the attacking third as quickly as we get them back when defending then we might score more away goals.

Yes, last season, towards the end if the ball came in from Izzy then Knocky and Gross would be close to Murray, and Izzy if Knockaert put it in. There was literally no-one arriving yesterday.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could Bissouma be that missing piece to the jigsaw, arriving late in the box? I would reserve judgement until we have seen what Andone and a fit Locadia can do with the new players around them. IMHO both March and Knockaerft will be serial bench warmers.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The Scouts In Attendance twitter account reported the below this morning. Guessing reason for the Hull scout no-show was due to the lack of Norwood and Skalak.

"Scouts from #mufc #efc #avfc #saintsfc #boro & @SUFCRootsHall were at #bcfc 1-1 #bhafc on Saturday

#mufc & #boro scouts were perf analysts - prob opposition scouting as they both play Birmingham & Brighton 2nd game of season

#hcafc head of recruitment was on list but didnt show"

He was sat next to me and we chatted a lot during the match

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
How many Albion were there? Heard a shade under 800 which for a friendly in one of the most impoverished neighbourhoods in the country is great support. Hope everyone got home safe.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

That was often the case last season, an isolated Murray, enabling opposing defenders to get the proverbial cigars out in many games.

CH and his coaching/analyst teams would privately have been more aware of this than us.

You can bet that the strategy was to bring in more pace (Bissouma, Bernardo, Jahanbakhsh), with an adjustment to tactics, to fix that issue. We should be less vulnerable at the back too, enabling more bodies to support counter attacks.

We'll soon find out in the first half dozen games.

theboybilly

I thought there would be more than the 137 that made the journey. I have to say well done to the small group of BHA fans that sang throughout the game and out sung the Brummie fans. Good effort guys and girls.

Normally I would have made the effort but with 3 away tickets and hotels in Liverpool and Southampton to fork out for this month money is tight - I imagine a fair few were in the same boat let alone the fact that many regulars are away on holiday.

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire
Normally I would have made the effort but with 3 away tickets and hotels in Liverpool and Southampton to fork out for this month money is tight - I imagine a fair few were in the same boat let alone the fact that many regulars are away on holiday.

I wasn't moaning about the numbers there. Its an expensive game following football!

My post was to congratulate the effort made by the singing section. :albion2:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here