Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.8%

• Total voters

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Following on from the discussion of Jim Whites record breaking show, who is your favourite TalkSport Pundit/Presenter?

???

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Not exactly a diverse roster of presenters is it...?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I've voted H&J, but I'd separate the two as Paul Hawksbee is the better of the two. Andy Jacobs is a way out of touch football elitist snob.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Can’t see the poll but I find Simon Jordan is normally very good on there despite being ex Palace. Dean Saunders is pretty decent as well. Can’t stand the two Mike’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Max Rushton and Barry Glendenning for me. Both of them very knowledgable, but without taking themselves seriously (their twice-weekly Guardian podcast is superb as well). They're very entertaining.

Aside from H&J, the rest of that station is complete and utter DRECK. Goldstein and Cundy are the absolute pits of radio broadcasting. I rarely listen to it now anyway, there's more ads than show half the time.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Can’t see the poll but I find Simon Jordan is normally very good on there despite being ex Palace. Dean Saunders is pretty decent as well. Can’t stand the two Mike’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I have to confess, Simon Jordan does seem to speak a lot of sense and seems to acknowledge that he did a shite job at Palace, also, he clearly dislikes Simon Parish, which is something we can all relate to.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I went for Durham as he is the pure distillation of all that is TS.

I've come to realise that his brand of anti-common sense audience-baiting trollery is inoffensive and benign, as opposed to certain other media figures outside of sport who use the same tactics.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
When I have tuned in, Max and Barry are very good but they are seem slightly above TS in character and broadcasting so maybe that's why.

I echo the sentiments about Simon Jordan. I really like listening to him and some of his insights from a chairman's point of view are fascinating. Sure, he would eat himself if he could but I can put that to the side.

Pretty much all the others I've heard (omit Kelly) are dinosaurs.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
What's that coming over the hill??

Van MONSTER!! VAN MONSTER!!!!

:banana:

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Has to be Mike Parry, (sp) if not for knowledge then definitely for comedic value, the two Mikes are entertaining, to me anyway?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've voted H&J, but I'd separate the two as Paul Hawksbee is the better of the two. Andy Jacobs is a way out of touch football elitist snob.

I love the combination. Positive Hawksby and his grumpy old football mate Jacobs.

Jacobs actually is funny in a typically British sarcastic way. Great when he takes the piss out of the tabloids etc when they go on about a new (miserable) Victoria Beckham fashion range. He mocks crap like that with a polite version of "who gives a f*ck". Plus he's a rarity in slamming sporting cheats.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When I have tuned in, Max and Barry are very good but they are seem slightly above TS in character and broadcasting so maybe that's why.

I echo the sentiments about Simon Jordan. I really like listening to him and some of his insights from a chairman's point of view are fascinating. Sure, he would eat himself if he could but I can put that to the side.

Pretty much all the others I've heard (omit Kelly) are dinosaurs.

Simon Jordan is surprisingly bloody good on TS and Sky Sports. Reveals a lot of great anecdotes about agents, $$$$ families meddling in transfers, dark arts in the football business.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I only listen to TalkSport on my homeward commute, which means the vast majority of it is Durham and Goughie. If forced to pick between the two, it's Goughie every time. Durham would be far better if he could learn to actually listen before responding (instead of going off on one ranting against a caller when the caller never said what he thinks they said - most of the time he's ranting because he's prejudged something and once he starts ranting the caller can't get a word in from that point).

Simon Jordan comes across quite well when I hear him occasionally when I'm home later than 7pm.

Edit: to respond to a comment above that Durham's approach is "baiting" - yeah, I get that. But he goes well beyond just baiting sometimes and right into browbeating without cause. Baiting, to help generate entertainment, I can live with (Goughie does it too from time to time), but Durham just takes it way over the top at times. When he does actually lsiten and respond with thoughtful commentary back, he comes across far better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here