Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Morteza Pouraliganji

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Go on then, I'll humour you. Please explain to us all how this thread is ironic?

I didn't refer to the thread so I am unsure what you mean?

I was referring to your advice to Stat brother which included the idea that you do not give a toss about what anybody else thinks. Were he to apply the same rule, then he'd ignore your advice. I found that ironic, but then that's me. :shrug:

PersianNYer15

Jul 25, 2018
New York/New Jersey
'Free' is definitely a misnomer, as he will probably demand a hefty signing-on fee...

I wouldn't be so sure.
I can't see a player, currently in Qatar, ruling himself out of a 'dream move to the Premier League' because the signing on fee isn't to his liking.

I’m not about to compare the premier league to the Belgian and Dutch leagues but he has had many offers from teams in those leagues and opted to go for money in China and Qatar over the last 3 years. Again I know the prem is different but he said in an interview that getting paid big wages is very important to him because he grew up extremely poor. Then again on the flip side, he pulled his meeting with Trabzonspor and I’m willing to bet anything they were offering big money because he was rumored by Turkish media as being one of their top targets. Take this info for what you will just some related facts.

I just came on here thinking there might be some more news on an Iranian centre half? But I’ve just gone back at least 6 pages and haven’t found mention of him once 🤷*

Me too!

Anyhow, something interesting your very own Jahanbakhsh said in an interview a day or 2 ago (which I do not believe has been posted here):

“There are some surprises for Morteza but I prefer not to talk about it. He is a great player with a lot of potential. I welcome his presence in European football and the EPL. He is mentally tough and capable of achieving big things”

Not that anyone here can read Farsi but here is the source: https://www.khabarvarzeshi.com/fa/n...ی-در-برایتون-آخرین-آرزوی-بزرگ-فوتبالی‌ام-نیست

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here