Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Morteza Pouraliganji

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
His value on transfer is what we’d be prepared to sell him for and what someone else would be prepared to pay. I don’t think you’re anywhere close with 15-18m.

We need to recall BG and his determined argument that Fulham never offered more than a couple of million for Dunk. He's consistent in his undervaluing.i can only assume the market values for home grown players has gone mad

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That is possible provided we get more money for Dunk than Moore costs us in fees etc. but I wouldnt bet on it.

I would think Dunks value on a transfer is around £15m-£18m but to us he is worth a hell of a lot more. Hence we will not sell him.

vehicle_reversing.png

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Followed Spurs with interest since I was a schoolboy in the same way as many now support Chelsea or have done Man Utd but I have always SUPPORTED BHA but dont let that put you against the idiot who says otherwise.

My CB who I think would be in more demand by top 6 clubs are Mawson, Keane, Lascelles possibly Tarkowski , Mee and Smalling. I have nothing whatsoever against Dunk who is now 26 so reaching his prime but I believe his weaknesses are that he is not good enough in the air for a 6ft 4in defende and has to make last ditch blocks by his positional play and getting caught out. Having said all of that I would sooner have him in the side than Davison Sanchez of Spurs but I dont think that he would be on the wanted list of clubs wishing to win the title other than as a cover to learn with them for next season.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I suspect Dunk is off and Moore will replace him with the Iranian bloke coming in as 4th CB.

The Iranian bloke is not coming. Dunk is not being sold.

Just because the Daily Mail prints a lazy article it doesn't mean there is any truth in it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Followed Spurs with interest since I was a schoolboy in the same way as many now support Chelsea or have done Man Utd but I have always SUPPORTED BHA
Happy to take your word on that.

I have nothing whatsoever against Dunk who is now 26 so reaching his prime but I believe his weaknesses are that he is not good enough in the air for a 6ft 4in defender and has to make last ditch blocks by his positional play and getting caught out.
It doesn't matter if he's 6'4 or less or more, it's only how he performs that counts. His last ditch blocks are the result of a team as a whole that has allowed a shot at goal, not because of Dunk's positional play or getting caught out.

I know you think you're very knowledgeable about football, but just take a breather and think about the number of people here, and football experts in general, who disagree with you, and think to yourself - 'is it possible I've got this one wrong?'

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

It doesn't matter if he's 6'4 or less or more, it's only how he performs that counts. His last ditch blocks are the result of a team as a whole that has allowed a shot at goal, not because of Dunk's positional play or getting caught out.

I know you think you're very knowledgeable about football, but just take a breather and think about the number of people here, and football experts in general, who disagree with you, and think to yourself - 'is it possible I've got this one wrong?'

He has. He isn’t. He never is

#neverwrong

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

It is all about opinions and there is no right or wrong until it can be proved but I do know a couple of scouts from top clubs who watched him last season due to the media praise and neither were interested in pushing for him as they said he was raw and due to his worth to us playing he would be expensive and above his true value.

albionite

May 20, 2009
It is all about opinions and there is no right or wrong until it can be proved but I do know a couple of scouts from top clubs who watched him last season due to the media praise and neither were interested in pushing for him as they said he was raw and due to his worth to us playing he would be expensive and above his true value.

So what scouts were these, any chance a group of kids you overheard on the bus or maybe the taxi driver told you.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They are older men like myself working for Premier Clubs. I must say that I will be at the front of the queue cheering him on when he does well for us but not blind enough to not see when he makes a mistake. On the point of opinions as many many on here said Southgate knows nothing because he didnt include him in the squad for Russia.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

There is right and wrong to the extent that you may use evidence to substantiate your claims. For example, you claim that Dunk is not good enough in the air despite being 6ft 4. Despite you saying this, Dunk had more headed clearances than Mawson, than £60 million rated Harry Maguire. This also, despite it being Shane Duffy who generally challenges for the first ball when we defend an aerial ball, with Dunk using his positioning to defend the second ball (Shane Duffy is by far and away the division leader in headed clearances). This is a statistical reality. And arguing against this is therefore simply wrong.
Furthermore, the assertion “Dunk is unlikely to be pursued by other clubs as the cost he would incur would be in excess of his true value.” = Fair comment, backed by evidence, reflective of a reality.
“Dunk’s value is £15-18 million, based on false claims that he is poor in the air, and quizzical suggestions that his impressive blocking statistics somehow indicate that he has poor positioning and his blocks are a result of him either accidentally getting in the way or having to compensate for his poor positional sense.” = Quite simply wrong.

Your assertion re Dunk’s positioning and block statistics is moronic in a variety of ways but I argue it can boil down to one simple fact. Defenders position themselves SO they can block shots. As well as intercepting of course. So how do you reconcile your quite honestly idiotic claim that Dunk’s positioning is poor in relation to other defenders when Dunk has the 5th highest number of interceptions in the league, and 3rd when you only compare between Defenders?

#NeverWrong

EDIT: To address the point of Gareth Southgate not including Dunk in the England Squad. It is my personal opinion that Dunk was good enough to go to Russia, but I understand Harry Maguire’s strengths at the back, as well as Cahill’s experience etc etc. We’ll never know if Dunk would have cut it if he’d gone, but irrelevant of this, him not being selected and England subsequently having a good tournament does not substantiate any of your claims about Lewis Dunk’s worth, not his ability as a defender. The game is indeed all about opinions, but they are not all equal. For the most yours are baffling, backed by no evidence whatsoever and deserve scrutiny and rebuttal. A misinformed fool is generally fine and inevitable, but one who is arrogant and constantly spouts rubbish is intolerable.

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

If there's one thing BG's been #neverwrong on for such a staggeringly sustained period of time, it's in his analysis, valuation and perception of Lewis Dunk. It was only a couple of seasons back he was suggesting we should take £1 million for him from Fulham, as well as stating that'll he never be as good as Tommy Elphick :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What other CBs HAVE to throw themselves at the ball to block it. effective but necessary I generally like Dunk and feel that he has not let us down very often but people need to take their blue and white glasses off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here