Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Morteza Pouraliganji

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If we get him, then it’s hello Sam & goodbye Tomer (for HGP).

Getting a defender who played every minute of his team’s World Cup campaign for free would be the icing on the cake of probably our best transfer window ever.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Could be something in this. He is a free agent and we have already spent a small fortune

NEC-Nijmegen

Jun 5, 2015
Great player! He was Iran's best player at the World Cup imo. A true pain in the ass for Ronaldo, who did not managed to get past him.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What about Norwood? Goodbye Baldock hello Hemed?

Possible.

Hemed has been looking good so far. I just think that cashing the Norwood cheque would be more lucrative for a player (like Baldock) who would struggle to get even a bench appearance in the Premier League.

Arvin

Jul 24, 2018
Washington DC
Obviously biased because i'm Iranian, but he is the real deal. One of the most reliable and intelligent center backs for us, and our team was known for its strong defense. Starting him in the world cup was a no-brainer and he impressed a number of pundits. The icing on the cake? He is a free pickup, and has the same agent as Jahanbaksh. Would definitely add some great depth to Brighton's back line.

NEC-Nijmegen

Jun 5, 2015
He has the Same Agent as Alireza

Correct. Amir Hashemi is his agent as well. Someone posted this on the Persian football forum four days ago:

Speculation on my part: Amir Hashemi is trying to facilitate a Pouraliganji signing with the same team that Alireza is headed to, sort of as a 2 for 1 package. We know:

1) they are very close buddies
2) Pouraliganji is advised/represented by Hashemi
3) Pouraliganji has stated he is looking to sign on with a team in a “western European league”
4) he is a free agent with no challenges involving Al-Sadd to sign off on a transfer
5) he has already turned down big money from Qatari clubs
6) rumors relating to his future club have been essentially nonexistent up to this point (typical historically of marquee signings by Iranian players)
7) Pouraliganji undoubtedly proved himself as a dominant centerback capable of playing at the highest level during the WC. Like Alireza, he is a model citizen and true gentleman with the requisite character to flourish on the largest stage.
8) both Jahanbakhsh and Hashemi are of the rare breed of exemplary Iranians seeking more than just personal achievements. Rather, both are passionate about using their opportunities and success to help promote Iranian progression as a whole in world football.
9) There is a generally successful trend in recent years of Iranian legionnaires joining European clubs with a fellow teammate from the national team: (ie. Karim and Javad, Karim and Ehsan, Karim and Shojaei, Azmoun and Ezatolahi, Azmoun and Shekari, Rezaei and Gholizadeh/Noorafkan, Taremi and Rezaeian, Amiri and Hosseini, etc.

Earlier this year, I was cautiously optimistic that the next duo would be Sardar and Jahanbakhsh. But now, my gut tells me we may possibly see Jahanbakhsh and Pouraliganji together in the EPL this season. What do you guys think?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Insider: Barbs, have you seen what's happened to our social media following and engagement since we signed Ali?

Barbs: Go on...

Insider: It's gone crazy - jumped to a whole new level.

<Paul Barber picks up the phone>

Barbs (into phone): Winstanley - get another Iranian ASAP.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Insider: Barbs, have you seen what's happened to our social media following and engagement since we signed Ali?

Barbs: Go on...

Insider: It's gone crazy - jumped to a whole new level.

<Paul Barber picks up the phone>

Barbs (into phone): Winstanley - get another Iranian ASAP.

has a pretty hefty instagram following- 745k
https://www.instagram.com/mortezapouraliganji88/

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Seems like a good deal for many reasons, not least to give Alireza some company in his new country.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Players that do not make the 25-man squad are entitled to feature for the club in domestic cup competitions, but must wait until the second transfer window to be considered for Premier League inclusion.

No more than 17 players registered for Albion’s squad can be designated as ‘foreign’, with at least eight players having to be classed as ‘homegrown’.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Any more of this and we could be fielding a whole team of world cup finalists.

Will CH have to reconsider his golden rule of no subs before the 75th minute to ensure everyone is happy with the amount of game time they are getting.

As if things couldn't get any more exciting

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He seems a good player and it makes sense on every level.

New fans must realise though Central Defense is regarded as our strongest position so he'd have to be happy on the bench to start with and fighting for a chance. Sounds like he is a good guy though &#55357;&#56842;

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we get him, then it’s hello Sam & goodbye Tomer (for HGP).

Getting a defender who played every minute of his team’s World Cup campaign for free would be the icing on the cake of probably our best transfer window ever.
What about Norwood? Goodbye Baldock hello Hemed?
What about goodbye Markus Suttner ? hello HGP replacement ( any position ) ?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
As much as I would love this to happen it would create an almighty headache for Chris. I don't see how we can change our starting CB pairing after last season, and are we really going to have two international world cup finalist CBs as backup? International players need to be playing regularly in order to get selected for their national team.

Would be amazing to have such strength in the squad, but I can't see how we could keep all 4 happy, assuming nobody is on their way out in this window.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here