Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Breakfast in Hove/Shoreham

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Shoreham way, Teddies is good as is Artisan and Hector's Shed. My favourite is Artisan as it does traditional full English as well as slightly more varied fare. Plus it has a really nice outside area. Happy Birthday for Saturday.

I used to go to Artisan for brekkie, but for some reason I didn't like their sausages with the Full English - I know they're not cheapo snags, they're from somewhere local which should be good, but they're just not to my taste - which is a bugger as Artisan is about 300 yards from my house. Still, we have plenty of other options in Shoreham these days.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I used to go to Artisan for brekkie, but for some reason I didn't like their sausages with the Full English - I know they're not cheapo snags, they're from somewhere local which should be good, but they're just not to my taste - which is a bugger as Artisan is about 300 yards from my house. Still, we have plenty of other options in Shoreham these days.

We are spoilt for choice. Carrats and The Beach Cafe are okay if you’re popping in for a quick butty but for a birthday breakfast with your folks I’d say we have far better places to choose from.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Station Cafe opposite Portslade station.

Wide range of breakfasts (with option to upgrade to a butcher's cumberland sausage - highly recommended), roast & pie of the day, salads and more. Closes 1.45 on Saturdays.

FSA rating: 5

My regular Saturday breakfast venue.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Be nice if they bought some plates though. My sausage rolled of the plank of wood last time and I couldn’t figure out what to do with the beans. A plank of wood ffs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they must have got rid of that idea, I was in there a couple of months ago and received my fry up on an actual plate.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Shoreham way, Teddies is good as is Artisan and Hector's Shed. My favourite is Artisan as it does traditional full English as well as slightly more varied fare. Plus it has a really nice outside area. Happy Birthday for Saturday.

Cheers mate I will check it out.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
...on the coast

It's Toast by the coast, where the owner Colin, is a Watford fan.

I know both Teddy's and Toast very well, and they both use proper bacon and sausauges, decent filter coffee, a bit pricey, but they're not a workman's cafe.

Both have plenty of yummie mummies enjoying coffee and croissants......

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
For a good honest old fashioned full English you could do worse than Shoreham Cafe, next door to The Duke of Wellington. I’d go for a B5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's Toast by the coast, where the owner Colin, is a Watford fan.

I know both Teddy's and Toast very well, and they both use proper bacon and sausauges, decent filter coffee, a bit pricey, but they're not a workman's cafe.

Both have plenty of yummie mummies enjoying coffee and croissants......

I stand corrected...I’ve just found Toasts service to be better ..but hey ho

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I stand corrected...I’ve just found Toasts service to be better ..but hey ho

You probably got served by Jayden, she is always smiling and so happy.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Just over the border in BN1, but BIllie’s on Montpellier Terrace / Upper North Street is top-notch.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have an irrational dislike of Hixon Green but heard the food is very good - anyone been?

I went for a post dinner drink last Xmas. Staff seemed to be learning on the job and it wasn’t my type of crowd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here