Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Connor Goldson

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
still believe this is a tough one - I fully expect him to become a Rangers legend and/or get a big Premier League move off the back of a good season or two up there. But what could we do? Couldn't make a case that Dunk or Duffy deserve to get dropped and he wasn't going to stay for another season as back up. Just hope the add ons and sell on clauses are good (sure they are) so we benefit from his rise.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We knew Goldson was good, but I wonder how Rangers found out? They haven't had a recent reputation for scouting great value finds in the English divisions, who then go on to enhance their value at Ibrox. Whilst SG lived in LA, then ran a Liverpool FC age group, I doubt he knew much about a seldom used Brighton sub.

IMG_2778.PNG

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Apart from when the unused Brighton sub came on for last 20 minutes at Anfield in about April time a few weeks before he got Rangers job … then no Gerrard will never have seen or heard of him

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Charlie Adam was on 5Live the other evening saying he's seen Rangers play 3 times and and Goldson was the best player on the pitch every time.

Southwest Seagull

Jul 3, 2013
I think everyone is underestimating the knowledge of those involved in the game. I'm very sure Steven Gerrard will have at least heard of Connor Goldson before he took the Rangers job, and even if he hadn't watched him, he would have had plenty of contacts who had scouted him multiple times.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Apart from when the unused Brighton sub came on for last 20 minutes at Anfield in about April time a few weeks before he got Rangers job … then no Gerrard will never have seen or heard of him
When did an unused sub last come on for 20 minutes?

.....and no, I don't think Gerrarrd singed him without doing his homework! Us fans might never have heard of a new player when they arrive, but the manager never heard of them either? You're having a giraffe!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I haven't felt this disappointed about underselling a players since we sold Dean Saunders to Oxford for a pittance more than 30 years ago.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Now that’s a player we should get in to deal with our CB shortage! Used to live locally too I understand

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The linesman just handed the three points to Aberdeen.

A minute semi kick out by Morales, as he was subject to a barge. Commentary team said a yellow at most, the linesman gained his fame on SkyTV.
****ing shit decision. More like a yellow for Morales's (second) barge.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I haven't felt this disappointed about underselling a players since we sold Dean Saunders to Oxford for a pittance more than 30 years ago.

60k :down:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Big test for Connor today, Celtic vs Rangers.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Not sure he is missing the south coast, and who could blame him, European football, packed house at ibrox 50k plus...

Idolised by the supporters and playing well, still wish we had him as back up, but you can’t blame the lad.

Well done young fella.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here