Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Connor Goldson

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Rangers won their first away European match in 10 years tonight and CG has to date enjoyed 3/3 clean sheets in competitive matches.

Rapidly becoming a cult hero at Ibrox.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/conor-goldson.38343/page-1

The BBC tonight on this wonderful man:

"Connor Goldson looks like the commanding centre-half Rangers have been crying out for over the past few years.

He was their most impressive performer at the back, not least when he blocked a Petar Bockaj shot on the line before also getting in the way of the rebound from Alen Grgic."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44941513

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Wow getting rave reviews. Then we always knew that anyway.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Very pleased for him. Gutted, disappointed but pleased. He deserves to be playing and appreciated.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Another clean sheet, where Rangers awful defence was their main problem last year.

Amex regulars already knew that Goldson was a quality CB and footballer.

So do Rangers regulars now...........

"If he keeps that up I wouldn't be surprised if an EPL club comes back in for him in January or next summer at the latest. Get a 20m release clause inserted in his contract now Rangers. Absolutely immense tonight"

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Such a shame he had to go. Was never guaranteed to get in this year and really wouldn’t have been fair for us to hold him back though as he’s been such a good pro. Hope we’ve got a decent sell on percentage.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He’s a good player and easy to like, but it does show how poor Scottish football is when a reserve from the 15th best team in England instantly looks like being a superstar at the top of the Scottish league.

I, and probably others, always thought that Goldson was quality. Hard to compare, but IMO the equal of Duffy and Hunemaier. But good managers don't mess around with defensive pairings, so Goldson didn't get PL games. Better than just another reserve at the n'th best team.

I reckon great scouting by Rangers. Bottom half PL clubs missed a trick.

Last edited:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
He’s a good player and easy to like, but it does show how poor Scottish football is when a reserve from the 15th best team in England instantly looks like being a superstar at the top of the Scottish league.
Slightly different TV deals helps with that.

Personally, I'm happy for Goldson, but not so keen on the Huns improving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here