Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Billy Arce

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
It clearly wasn't working out for him at Extremadura. Hopefully he can get his career back on track.

I was thinking he was there for a work permit but obviously not. I do recall earlier on in the season they had some kind of problem with foreign player limits so that could be an issue.
If the above is incorrect he was either not very good or maybe homesick.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I was thinking he was there for a work permit but obviously not. I do recall earlier on in the season they had some kind of problem with foreign player limits so that could be an issue.
If the above is incorrect he was either not very good or maybe homesick.

He made the bench regularly earlier in the season and got on the pitch in 4 league games as well as starting one cup match. For whatever reason he then seemed to completely fall out of favour. Looks like he stopped training with Extremadura back in early December.

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
WINGER RECALLED FROM SPAIN

Brighton & Hove Albion winger Billy Arce has returned from his loan at Segunda Division club Extremadura UD.

The 20-year-old signed for the Seagulls in August 2018 from Ecuadorian side CSD Independiente Del Valle, and moved straight to Spain on a loan deal.

Arce made three substitute appearances in the Segunda Division, but played 90 minutes in the Copa Del Rey, as Extremadura were narrowly beaten 1-0 by Alcorcon.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
SSN report, "Brighton winger Billy Arce has returned to the club after his loan deal ......" Do they think he's come 'back' to Brighton (that's if he's ever been here)?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
SSN report, "Brighton winger Billy Arce has returned to the club after his loan deal ......" Do they think he's come 'back' to Brighton (that's if he's ever been here)?

That's what the club are tweeting but it sounds like he's already in Ecuador on a year-long loan deal.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I don't know why Albion haven't announced his joining Emelec, but he played 35 minutes for them in a pre-season friendly today:-

[TWEET]1086613069541851141[/TWEET]

Jul 7, 2003
I don't know why Albion haven't announced his joining Emelec, but he played 35 minutes for them in a pre-season friendly today:-

Looks like the credits from an old ZX Spectrum game

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
How’s he ever going to get a visa if he’s in Ecuador?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuinely just guessing but if he plays in Ecuador maybe he's hoping to get some international call ups by playing regular games? Aren't some work permits based on international apps if they're not going the X amount of years in europe route?

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I genuinely worry about the sense in signing the likes of Arce and Tau, in the knowledge we can't play them due to visas . Personally think we need a finisher , preferably English, who has played regularly here . We're by no means safe, even a loan would be great.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I genuinely worry about the sense in signing the likes of Arce and Tau, in the knowledge we can't play them due to visas . Personally think we need a finisher , preferably English, who has played regularly here . We're by no means safe, even a loan would be great.
Anyone you'd like to suggest?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Speculation on my part, from a timing perspective it looks like he terminated hos loan deal. The club were then expecting him to come over here, instead he has returned home.

It is possible we still hold his registration and want some compensation before releasing it. Someone saw something in the lad and it hasn't worked out for him. If in a couple of years time he matures and gets a big money move to Europe, the club will look a bit silly just letting him walk away.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Speculation on my part, from a timing perspective it looks like he terminated hos loan deal. The club were then expecting him to come over here, instead he has returned home.

It is possible we still hold his registration and want some compensation before releasing it. Someone saw something in the lad and it hasn't worked out for him. If in a couple of years time he matures and gets a big money move to Europe, the club will look a bit silly just letting him walk away.

Based on absolutely nothing at all. He wouldn’t be turning out for this Argentinian side if we weren’t happy with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here