Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Billy Arce

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Not while we are still in the EU so he has 8 months to sort it out assuming he has appropriate lineage back to Europe.

Not an issue, Spanish colonials can get a work permit in Spain automatically so thats why he is going to Spain. Once he has been there long enough (I think its 3 years) he can apply for a Spanish passport. If he has Lineage like a Spanish Grandfather then its even easier.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It's been a strange window signing a Percy and an Arce? I'm so glad I'm a Brighton fan. :lolol:

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Does he play on the right? If he does, I expect to see 'Brighton get the right Arce' somewhere.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I had to Google the team he's going to - Extremadura UD, a Spanish second division team.

I suppose, like Percy to Union Gilloise (if true), putting him in a lower league team 'guarantees' him game time, as well as counting towards his work permit.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I had to Google the team he's going to - Extremadura UD, a Spanish second division team.

I suppose, like Percy to Union Gilloise (if true), putting him in a lower league team 'guarantees' him game time, as well as counting towards his work permit.

how does it count towards his work permit? (it might count towards his spanish passport)

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I think the hope is that he exceeds so well that he becomes an Ecuador regular and then qualifies for a permit by virtue of the ranking.

Tau is more complicated due to the crappiness of South Africa

Or alternatively he is a success that can be sold on. I believe Watford signed a Venezuelan who they couldn't get a permit for, impressed at Spanish second division level and then was in demand from higher up Spanish sides

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thanks...that'll do for me...like Lord Charles?

Can't help feel that we have been somewhat light in the 'transfer in' department this Summer though........

TNBA

TTF

Perhaps.

The daily fail says we have 'double figures' singings though :wozza:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not sure the printers will be to busy with the shirt name in sales.

**** off - I'd deffo get an Arce shirt if he makes the first team squad in 2019*. Only 4 letters, soooo much cheaper than Jahanbakhsh :O

*If still alive (me, I mean)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here