Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Installation of parking sensors

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Has anyone on NSC had parking sensors installed by a Brighton / Hove based firm? I'm c**p at parking and feel this would be a good investment. I'm not looking for a dashboard display, just an audible warning that might prevent me from damaging my car. Also, where is the best place to actually buy them?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If you can't park probably better to invest in a self parking car.

I know someone from work who still smashed the car behind despite having audio warnings fitted. The excuse couldn't hear them over the music being blasted out in the car

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Has anyone on NSC had parking sensors installed by a Brighton / Hove based firm? I'm c**p at parking and feel this would be a good investment. I'm not looking for a dashboard display, just an audible warning that might prevent me from damaging my car. Also, where is the best place to actually buy them?

No thought to the other car's you might damage then !! :):smile: :)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Anyone slagging sensors off as a sign of poor parking is a knob. When I bought a car that had them as standard the world changed. That gap you were unsure about? Piece of pixx. That gap not quite big enough for your car, it is. So much so that when I bought a used car out here the first thing I did was to Google a sensor fitter.

Cannot see the advantage in rear camera over sensors mind you :shrug:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Anyone slagging sensors off as a sign of poor parking is a knob. When I bought a car that had them as standard the world changed. That gap you were unsure about? Piece of pixx. That gap not quite big enough for your car, it is. So much so that when I bought a used car out here the first thing I did was to Google a sensor fitter.

Cannot see the advantage in rear camera over sensors mind you :shrug:

Got both on my extra long wheelbase crafter van and sensors on my car.

I’m awful at parking so all help is appreciated

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I had them put on my VW CC a few years ago through Caffyns. I’m pretty sure they sub contracted it to Huet's - over in the Dolphin Road, Shoreham industrial estate.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

Have you considered driving whilst not on acid?

You might find that you don’t need the sensors at all.

chrishuet

Feb 1, 2010
Hove
Huets in Shoreham , www.huets.com 01273 441845 , we supply and install parking sensors . Always happy to help out fellow Albion fans

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
As well as audio sensors and a rear view camera, I have cameras in the underside of my door mirrors. This produces a top down view, on screen, that shows the three sides of the car and whatever each side of the car is next to. You can view yourself reversing into a parking bay from above. I’ve never used it.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I've got both sensors and rear view on mine. Owing to being a two seater the wide rear width pretty well makes the side mirrors next to useless, and the high level of the boot and ultra small rear window means that rear vision is about as clear as an opaque window.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I've got both sensors and rear view on mine. Owing to being a two seater the wide rear width pretty well makes the side mirrors next to useless, and the high level of the boot and ultra small rear window means that rear vision is about as clear as an opaque window.
My car is an immaculate Z3 and I want to try to keep it that way.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
As well as audio sensors and a rear view camera, I have cameras in the underside of my door mirrors. This produces a top down view, on screen, that shows the three sides of the car and whatever each side of the car is next to. You can view yourself reversing into a parking bay from above. I’ve never used it.

My car has non of these parking sensor thingies, never had a problem parking.
However not wanting to appear like a Luddite, I have decided that maybe a satnav could be useful, thinking to getting one of these beauties.

Computer_graphic_for_front_of_Antikythera_mechanism.jpg

Are they any good?

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz

My car has non of these parking sensor thingies, never had a problem parking.
However not wanting to appear like a Luddite, I have decided that maybe a satnav could be useful, thinking to getting one of these beauties.

View attachment 99251

Are they any good?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Despite having sensors, Martin the Mercedes driver (aka dickhead prat uphimself tosser) managed to prang Mrs Cat's car in the vet's car park while she was being attended to. £400 damage thank you very much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here