Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Praise indeed

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Really hoping Locadia comes good as well or he could be the most expensive forgotten man in the league.

There's more expensive players than Jurgen, languishing in PL reserve sides. Southampton spent more on Guido Carillo, and have already shipped him out on loan to Pellegrino's next club (whilst continuing to pay a hefty chunk of his massive salary).

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Would love to see it. Always felt sorry for Everton fans, living in the shadow of their brash and far more successful neighbours from across Stanley Park.

It was a quote from last season, Everton were seen to have done very well in the transfer market. I am sure you can remember what happened next.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Unless I’m wrong Everton’s only signing so far has been Richarlison and they have let a few go out. Liverpool have strengthened considerably. Alisson, Keira and Fabinho are great signings and to a lesser extent Shaquiri will add flair. I really can’t see Everton finishing above Liverpool this year.

Its a Richard Keys quote from last year. We all know how that turned out.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Hopefully Merson will say he's never heard of any of our players again and that we're certainties for relegation .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
We had a great team spirit last year, I hope that we all these new signings it will continue, too soon to be smug about the new signings let's wait until October.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
There's more expensive players than Jurgen, languishing in PL reserve sides. Southampton spent more on Guido Carillo, and have already shipped him out on loan to Pellegrino's next club (whilst continuing to pay a hefty chunk of his massive salary).

Agreed. Swansea spent 20 million in Jan on Ayew. He is now on loan to a Turkish side

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Great article.
Its refreshing to see that of the £60 million, Albion have spent on well targeted players, to add to CH squad, it really does look better than the £160 million that Liverpool have spent on a lesser amount.
I know the size of the clubs / budgets, are incomparable, but it just goes to show the power of the buck, and how hard Albion have to fight to get the players they want.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here