Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Self indulge update.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Hi, I'm not as regular to NSC as I used to be & logged in today to find messages enquiring as to my health.

Six months ago, at A&E, my family were called in for the news 'Expect the worse but hope for the best', well pretty much the best has happened. I've had 6 months of treatment which has worked remarkably well with almost no side effects and that treatment has now come to an end, pending further scans. The problem may well come back at some time in the future but is manageable.

Meanwhile, I've been made redundant and really enjoying not working. I had a wonderful surprise from the Albion, set up by some very special people and that led to a little bit more than my 15 mins of fame, and I loved it.

I attend a gym session set up by Macmillan and AITC and I also do 'Walking Football', so I am fitter & more active than I've been in years but, perhaps, the biggest positive from being ill is my own more positive attitude. If I had not been ill then I'm pretty sure my retirement would have been slobbing in front of the TV thinking of things I'll do, but now I go out and do them.

Good luck to all those out there going through difficult times. Never give up!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Great news FG - good to hear things are looking more upbeat. You won't remember me but I was the grateful recipient of a lift to a Bristol Rovers away game from you and your mates back in our L1 days, if I remember correctly. ����

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Hi, I'm not as regular to NSC as I used to be & logged in today to find messages enquiring as to my health.

Six months ago, at A&E, my family were called in for the news 'Expect the worse but hope for the best', well pretty much the best has happened. I've had 6 months of treatment which has worked remarkably well with almost no side effects and that treatment has now come to an end, pending further scans. The problem may well come back at some time in the future but is manageable.

Meanwhile, I've been made redundant and really enjoying not working. I had a wonderful surprise from the Albion, set up by some very special people and that led to a little bit more than my 15 mins of fame, and I loved it.

I attend a gym session set up by Macmillan and AITC and I also do 'Walking Football', so I am fitter & more active than I've been in years but, perhaps, the biggest positive from being ill is my own more positive attitude. If I had not been ill then I'm pretty sure my retirement would have been slobbing in front of the TV thinking of things I'll do, but now I go out and do them.

Good luck to all those out there going through difficult times. Never give up!
Great news FG. Come back more!

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Keep well mate and keep posting.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I was thinking about you the other day mate... great to read. So pleased for you, fingers crossed moving forward and thank you for posting an update :)

All the very best.

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
At the end of the Albion in the Community Summer Camps we were always given t-shirts; on the t-shirts was the motto 'It's more than just football' or something similar, and that is the best thing about out club and supporters - news like that isn't really self indulgence at all

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Gawd bless you Sir, lovely post :)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Great to hear. Nice to have you back! :thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Feel free to post self indulgent stuff whenever you want as it's certainly cheered me up.

The world needs HGSB old boys and there's not that many left :thumbsup:

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Great news.

And walking football generates a real buzz, doesn't it? Exercise and a healthy dose of banter.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here