Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Iranian Fans

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
And prize for the most ignorant entry of the year goes to.... someone who was front runner.

So, tell me, do you know these folk personally ?

Only, you see, I have met many Iranians over the years and see a disconnect between many of them and their political overlords.

That's my rational response.

My angry response, measured, is that your bankrupt intellect and lack of social awareness is alarming.

Why you felt such a need to puncture the thread with this is beyond me.

There's only one real answer. It's because he's a prick.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Absolutely disagree, much nicer to stay in Hove , somewhere central around Church Road, much nicer than Brighton and lots of nice restaurants, coffee shops, , upscale bakeries etc. Wide tree lined roads leading down to hove seafront.

Brighton is loud, and full of students , central Hove much more relaxed and middle class

Please add a location under your join date.
Hove actually. :D

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Some great stuff on that Persian football forum...

"Brighton fans are loving it. Bless them. My new team. I can finally stop supporting Arsenal"

"How do I get the jersey he is wearing right there?"

Blimey! This sort of thing really does generate interest far outside Brighton and Hove. They're right too. I am loving it.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Some great stuff on that Persian football forum...

"Brighton fans are loving it. Bless them. My new team. I can finally stop supporting Arsenal"

Blimey! This sort of thing really does generate interest far outside Brighton and Hove. They're right too. I am loving it.

Yes but hated the one which said ''Maybe one day he will play for Chelsea''

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought I'd check and sure enough, this transfer isn't going to work for everybody:-

Worldwide card acceptance.

Countries and regions affected by sanctions and embargoes.
Credit card transactions are not possible in countries and regions which have certain sanctions and embargoes imposed against them. Currently the following countries and regions are affected:

Cuba (The Republic of)
Iran (Islamic Republic of)
North Korea (Democratic People’s Republic of Korea)
Sudan (Republic of) (sometimes referred to as North Sudan)
Syria (Syrian Arab Republic)
Crimea (Region of Ukraine)

Arvin

Jul 24, 2018
Washington DC
Salam!

Thank you for the warm welcome, I watched the video on “from nowhere to premier league” and I think it makes it even more of a perfect fit for Alireza, who used to play on dirt fields in his youth.

I am touched by your hospitality and enthusiasm, I want nothing more than for Brighton to succeed this season to make us all happy. I’ve been intently following the premier league for years now but never quite had a reason to follow one team or another, but I think that changes now. My favorite current footballer in my favorite league; I hope he succeeds, because either way this club has already won a place in my heart <3

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Salam!

Thank you for the warm welcome, I watched the video on “from nowhere to premier league” and I think it makes it even more of a perfect fit for Alireza, who used to play on dirt fields in his youth.

I am touched by your hospitality and enthusiasm, I want nothing more than for Brighton to succeed this season to make us all happy. I’ve been intently following the premier league for years now but never quite had a reason to follow one team or another, but I think that changes now. My favorite current footballer in my favorite league; I hope he succeeds, because either way this club has already won a place in my heart <3

You are most welcome.

What a genuinely lovely post.

Kosh

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Wow we always see the Premier League as the greed league (with good reason), but this is the other side of it. I can honestly say welcome and hope you guys enjoy being a Seagull:albion2:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
pass the sick bucket
regards
DR

I wondered about you. Your groupies have proved able deputies. I think there may be a leadership challenge with Hopkins post. Watch your back.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
I’ve worked for Iranians, played football with Iranians and eaten in restaurants owned and run by Iranians (most of the ones on Church Road, in fact). Some of the nicest, friendliest and most reliable people you’ll find anywhere. Welcome to all of them, especially Alireza.

We lived in Iran ( Tehran) 1974-1976. I was 9 at the time and had fond memories of the place. I learnt to Ski there !!! ( Abali and Dizin ski resorts !!!!!). Dad was a Diplomat in the British Embassy. Schooling wasn't so good and ended up at boarding school ( Ardingly College ). We left 6 months before the Shah was ousted.

Lovely place back then and very friendly people.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The owner of the clothes shop Profile is a regular in the 1901 and is a major club sponsor. He is also Iranian, probably the only ginger iranian I’ve ever met.

The best man at my wedding is also a season ticket holder and is of Iranian descent, so I’m guessing we have a fair few existing supporters with Iranian heritage.

One of the owners of Juju is also Iranian and also ginger

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Anyone know if he'll have his first or last name on the back & what number he could possibly get?

That's a good question, and I don't think it''s been decided yet

18 I reckon. No idea about the name

Wasn't Balogun (one of our new signings) wearing that number in the friendly at Charlton yesterday?

I am hoping he gets Jamie Murphy's old shirt No 15 - I haven't had a favourite player since Jamie left........................

Bissouma (another new signing) appears to be wearing 15 in many of the training photos that I've seen.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I was in a meeting all day today and away from the update. We were working from a spreadsheet and we were coding data together and a colleague happened to chose colour coding that meant the top rows were green, the middle were white and the bottom were red. At that point I KNEW. Welcome Ali

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
That's a good question, and I don't think it''s been decided yet

Wasn't Balogun (one of our new signings) wearing that number in the friendly at Charlton yesterday?

Bissouma (another new signing) appears to be wearing 15 in many of the training photos that I've seen.

Squad No's havn't been allocated yet though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here