Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Hove Lawns blighted

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Depressing to see Hove Lawns suffering from the Summer Blight.

Caravans and their occupants. Disgusting people foisting their disgusting behaviour on the people who will ultimately pay to clean up after them.

And you have to feel sorry for the traders, like the cafe owner powerless to stop the theiving and anti social behaviour from the feckless unshackled offspring of these people.

Absolutely nothing makes me so upset as this year in year out.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Caravans and their occupants. Disgusting people foisting their disgusting behaviour on the people who will ultimately pay to clean up after them.

And you have to feel sorry for the traders, like the cafe owner powerless to stop the theiving and anti social behaviour from the feckless unshackled offspring of these people.

There was a load beside the A23 yesterday as well near Handcross..........

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

And some idiot in the Argus reported a comment like this as hate speech!

Quote"The council will do nothing to prevent this filth turning up year in year out and it is the local businesses and residents who suffer but now enough is enough. These vermin bring nothing but filth and grief, no respect and no compromise whatsoever. More managed and permanent sites for travellers has been muted. As a suggestion how about 9 or 10 miles out to sea.

I reported this vile comment to the Argus moderators yesterday as hate speech, yet it's still here. What exactly are the moderators for if not to clean up revolting comments like this...?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
They are not on Hove Lawns. Western Lawn is the pedantically correct name for where they pitch up. No idea why they don't use Hove Lawns as they have much easier access.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch

Quote"The council will do nothing to prevent this filth turning up year in year out and it is the local businesses and residents who suffer but now enough is enough. These vermin bring nothing but filth and grief, no respect and no compromise whatsoever. More managed and permanent sites for travellers has been muted. As a suggestion how about 9 or 10 miles out to sea.

I reported this vile comment to the Argus moderators yesterday as hate speech, yet it's still here. What exactly are the moderators for if not to clean up revolting comments like this...?

To be fair, that view is pretty hateful, I’m not sure what your point is.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
To be fair, that view is pretty hateful, I’m not sure what your point is.

Typical pikey response. Nothing worse than useless pikey lowlife turning up where they are not wanted, like on this board for example.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Typical pikey response. Nothing worse than useless pikey lowlife turning up where they are not wanted, like on this board for example.

That is a very strange comment. Which gypsy is posting on NSC? Why is this not wanted, if he/she is a BHA supporter?

Back in the real world, in Faversham we have some rather attractive stone things sunk around the edges of grassland and park. We haven't had a caravan episode for around 20 years. It isn't rocket science.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
That is a very strange comment. Which gypsy is posting on NSC? Why is this not wanted, if he/she is a BHA supporter?

Back in the real world, in Faversham we have some rather attractive stone things sunk around the edges of grassland and park. We haven't had a caravan episode for around 20 years. It isn't rocket science.

Mr Putdown is a pikey Palace fan, is he not?

GypsyKing

Feb 4, 2013

BHA supporter here :smile:

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch

The subject matter I commented on has absolutely nothing to do with which football team I support.

Only a NSC JCL would accuse me of being a “useless pikey lowlife” whose ‘turned up on this board’ when I’ve been been a member for ten years longer than you, my accuser.

Just grow up and keep the juvenile rivalry comments to threads about football.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
The subject matter I commented on has absolutely nothing to do with which football team I support.

Only a NSC JCL would accuse me of being a “useless pikey lowlife” whose ‘turned up on this board’ when I’ve been been a member for ten years longer than you, my accuser.

Just grow up and keep the juvenile rivalry comments to threads about football.

About time you ****ed off to your own board then isn't it. It is very relevant, because you Palace tw@ts that infest this board uninvited are about as welcome as the travellers pitching up on Hove lawns. Especially as your official nickname is 'The Pikeys' unless I'm mistaken.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
We’re outta round them up, put ‘em in a field and bomb the ********!

96BBFAD0-972C-485D-8F6F-2D4D3F0B8849.jpeg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They are not on Hove Lawns. Western Lawn is the pedantically correct name for where they pitch up. No idea why they don't use Hove Lawns as they have much easier access.

"They like to pitch where there are fewest CCTV cameras and are least overlooked by residents".

Not hate talk (sorry, apologists), but the clear explanation of police officers to residents in our part of Brighton on why they kept choosing certain greens whilst always avoiding others.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
About time you ****ed off to your own board then isn't it. It is very relevant, because you Palace tw@ts that infest this board uninvited are about as welcome as the travellers pitching up on Hove lawns. Especially as your official nickname is 'The Pikeys' unless I'm mistaken.

I’ve been occasionally useful to both members of this board, and indeed your club, down the years, despite the rivalry. I don’t take the piss and restrict myself to threads about Sussex and those that involve Palace.

I don’t need to put up with shit from someone like you that, looking at your joining date has possibly attended fewer games at both the Goldstone and Withdean than me, but I do.

I feed the pigeons, I sometimes feed the seagulls too.
It give me an enormous sense of well being.

Have a good night.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Oops, I nearly forgot your postcript.

You are indeed mistaken, our official nickname is the Eagles, feel free to look it up.

Like I said, have a good night.

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii

Give it a rest. I can vouch for Mr. Putdown as one of the good guys. Other good guys include the CPFC boys that support the REMF and other causes of mutual interest and benefit. It's just sad that some on this site lump all CPFC as infesting vermin which is a ridiculous as labeling us as limp-wristed nancy boys.

Oh.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

You may think you're being humorous but that is a racist term, and could land you in court.

Mr Putdown is one of the good guys.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

Mooted

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here