Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Stoke

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Was reading oatcake last night, some very funny despairing comments.

Think Simster has called it spot on in the OP.

Rowett did a good job at Burton and Birmingham with limited resources, but if you research what Derby fans think about him you wouldn't have given him the Stoke job. He looks like he's your archetypal lower league functional football merchant and nothing more.
Something is rotten at Stoke, just like it was at Sunderland and they really needed to clear out some of the dead wood. Too many of their squad have the stench of relegation hanging over them, and they're not good enough to fight their way out of the championship.

Quite - Oatcake was hilarious when Rowett left us to join them, talk of 'faces like smacked arses in Derby' and how they were 'cherry picking' our assets etc etc - Obv most Derby fans were like 'You're giving us > £2m for Rowett? Cheers'

I don't normally go in for all the puerile bantz between footy fans but (for the moment) this one is most enjoyable.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Quite - Oatcake was hilarious when Rowett left us to join them, talk of 'faces like smacked arses in Derby' and how they were 'cherry picking' our assets etc etc - Obv most Derby fans were like 'You're giving us > £2m for Rowett? Cheers'

I don't normally go in for all the puerile bantz between footy fans but (for the moment) this one is most enjoyable.

And, as one of the comments on the BBC report pointed out, all three bottom clubs are managed by ex-Derby managers - that must be really satisfying

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
And, as one of the comments on the BBC report pointed out, all three bottom clubs are managed by ex-Derby managers - that must be really satisfying

Tinged with a little sadness as the number of managers who are ex-Derby in recent years?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Hmm, mixed bag - Clement wasn't around long enough to really form an opinion, other than (as Darrent Bent pointed out) he'd lost the dressing room - See Gary Neville talking about similar about his time at Valencia and Emery at Arsenal, very interesting - History is proving it was the correct decision to sack him, despite a lot of noise from outside of the club at the time. Rowett, DEFINITELY! Turgid football.

Schteve is an interesting one - In his first spell we were brilliant in style and substance for about 15 months then Newcastle came along and it went tits up. Schteve 2 didn't go so well but that 15 months was a highlight so I wish him well.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Dissapointing audience at the Brit last night too, shade over 22k, supporters abandoning their club in droves when they need them most. When the Brit is rocking it's up there as one of the most partisan atmospheres in football.

:nono:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Dissapointing audience at the Brit last night too, shade over 22k, supporters abandoning their club in droves when they need them most. When the Brit is rocking it's up there as one of the most partisan atmospheres in football.

:nono:

Last season vs us it was very noisy when they scored, and for about 90 seconds afterwards........................rest of the time, particularly when we were ahead, fans were right on the player's backs.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Isn't it just one game for two yellows?

Ah - I only saw the tackle that saw him sent off, on SSN, with the sound off. Didn't realize it was a second yellow (could easily have been a red on its own).

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Are they playing proper football yet, or is still thuggery, long throw ins and terrority?

Horrible club and hateful fans.

All of the above is true of course, but with eleven seven foot giants in the side, some would say they are only playing to their strengths.

Note to self, why do I keep on playing devils advocate?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All of the above is true of course, but with eleven seven foot giants in the side, some would say they are only playing to their strengths.

Note to self, why do I keep on playing devils advocate?

Because....

tumblr_nm0m7x2DIg1tp80nvo1_500.gif

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Quite easy to knock Stoke because they were devoid of ideas. I didn't see the whole game as I was switching between matches but a word of praise for Wigan.............They looked damned good and I can see them easily being in the Play Offs, which is surprising with Kipre in Central Defence, although I concede he didn't look too bad last night.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Are they playing proper football yet, or is still thuggery, long throw ins and terrority?

Horrible club and hateful fans.

We did corporate at Stoke last season and I thought they treated us pretty well, tbh. It certainly changed my opinion anyway.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here