Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Home Office,America and the Death Penalty.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Anyone here a member of LifeLines or know anyone who is?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
see Labour getting their knickers in a twist over it. Abbott saying its ""abhorrent and shameful", nope thats a reflection of what they did. we're just washing our hands of them, which is what they wanted when joining ISIL.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
see Labour getting their knickers in a twist over it. Abbott saying its ""abhorrent and shameful", nope thats a reflection of what they did. we're just washing our hands of them, which is what they wanted when joining ISIL.

That's not 'labour'. That's a temporary and fatuous over-promoted travesty. Anyway, top early doors thread hijacking in favour of 'vote conservative' :bowdown::lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
ps having clicked the clickbait.....as an erstwhile labour supporter (albeit Corbyn opponent) and opponent of capital punishment my view is live by the sword.....bollocks to them.

Same with drug smuggling in Indonesia etc etc. "**** me, I though I'd just be shipped back to Ford Open prison - now they say they will cut my hands off, then demand I play the piano for the president or be shot" is not enough to get me outside parliament with a 'free the condom up the bum, full of heroin, one' banner any time soon, I'm afraid :wozza:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
That's not 'labour'. That's a temporary and fatuous over-promoted travesty. Anyway, top early doors thread hijacking in favour of 'vote conservative' :bowdown::lolol:

yes, i should have put Labour front bench as its unfair on the majority that support the movement. i'll overlook your attempted jibe as theres nothing land on. my comment was aimed squarely at the language and position being made by Abbott.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
yes, i should have put Labour front bench as its unfair on the majority that support the movement. i'll overlook your attempted jibe as theres nothing land on. my comment was aimed squarely at the language and position being made by Abbott.

Yes she's so.....what's the opposite of moreish? :lolol:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

and Amnesty International, Joanna Cherry QC of The SNP, Sir Ed Davey of The Lib Dems, Dominic Grieve QC of the Conservative Party in parliament, Former Tory International Development Secretary Andrew Mitchell on C4 News, Yvette Cooper as Chair of The Home Affairs Select Committee......................

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

What majority is this then, in The Labour Party or Parliament as a whole, that supports going against the long held British Government policy of opposing the death penalty in all circumstances?

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
What majority is this then, in The Labour Party or Parliament as a whole, that supports going against the long held British Government policy of opposing the death penalty in all circumstances?

i was thinking the majority of the Labour party membership. on reflection i have no idea what their views might be, i've only heard Abbotts. i'll assume from your tone you are in support and believe we should protect them. i dont.

irony is from what i gather, they are more likely to face trial than sit and rot in Cuba as a result.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
and Amnesty International, Joanna Cherry QC of The SNP, Sir Ed Davey of The Lib Dems, Dominic Grieve QC of the Conservative Party in parliament, Former Tory International Development Secretary Andrew Mitchell on C4 News, Yvette Cooper as Chair of The Home Affairs Select Committee......................

To be fair, I don't think his reply was about the death penalty - more a poke at the labour party, which is why I called it a thread hijacking. Not much of a thread really, either, but almost anything to take my mind of our new singing sashaying out across a hopefully not thread-bare (gedditt??) red Persian carpet (please may it be true) is welcome. :lolol:

ps ahem 'Vote Labour'....successful singing brainworm that will kick in on election day. :lolol::goal:

Stitch that @Beorthelm :cheers:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
To be fair, I don't think his reply was about the death penalty - more a poke at the labour party

actually it was a poke at Abbott and the language, but i didnt want to be accused of attacking her. didnt think it through really.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
i was thinking the majority of the Labour party membership. on reflection i have no idea what their views might be, i've only heard Abbotts. i'll assume from your tone you are in support and we should protect them. i dont.

I had gathered you saw just Diane Abbot say something and got all excited as people often do with her. There's been plenty of other concerns to this raised today across all parties, as the former Tory cabinet minister Andrew Mitchell did on C4 news and he seemed confident enough in regards to parliamentary arithmetic being against this break of British Government policy. I also see that the Mother of one of their victims, James Foley, is against them being sentenced to death as it'll just make them martyrs and her preference is life sentences.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here