Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd do Polly and Penny, if I were you.

the slow norris

Feb 8, 2005
Suffolk
Thetford forest is a goer, but the town is a dump, it's just a London over spill, full of wide mouth mockneys :lolol:

A dump? Sure, the sugar factory isn't going to win awards and all towns have run-down parts, but the town centre is nice (and i'm not biased, I am one of the London over-spill you mention, that being some 10 yrs ago mind). In fact, the reason why I like bury is that it has both the pretty parts, but it's a working industrial town with the factory, brewery and farms, its got like and movement to it rather than just reying on it's picture postcard bits.

I will concur that there are 3 smells to the town depending on which way the wind is blowing - molasses, hops or pig-poo - but they aint there all the time

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Oh you’ve been. Dads army would be quite different now.

When I was at RAF Honington, I used to go for long walks in Thetford forest, especially around Brandon, beautiful and peaceful.
The only downside, it that Thetford is attached to the name.
I think there's a Centre Parks in there somewhere?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A dump? Sure, the sugar factory isn't going to win awards and all towns have run-down parts, but the town centre is nice (and i'm not biased, I am one of the London over-spill you mention, that being some 10 yrs ago mind). In fact, the reason why I like bury is that it has both the pretty parts, but it's a working industrial town with the factory, brewery and farms, its got like and movement to it rather than just reying on it's picture postcard bits.

I will concur that there are 3 smells to the town depending on which way the wind is blowing - molasses, hops or pig-poo - but they aint there all the time

I was taking about Thetford, not BSE :thumbsup:

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Any recommendations on things to do in Bury St Edmunds? Staying over there Friday and Saturday with our good friends Polly and Giles with Polly sister Penny coming along too.

4 smells, babies nappy smell, once every few months, when they are cleaning the sugar factory..
I lived in Bury for a coupla years, early 2000s..
A few of the pubs are quite nice. but, I guess ownership and custom has changed in the last 15 years or so.. The nutshell is known as one of the UKs smallest pubs, so maybe worth a quick look..
The cathedral grounds are quite nice. Ickworth House, Park, Gardens is nice and maybe worth a visit, apart from that and maybe the brewery tour, it is just a nice small town.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Given the personnel in attendance I suggest a bit of swinging with Penny as the bonus ball

-gully-

The Flux Capacitor
Nov 7, 2009
Shrewsbury
When I was at RAF Honington, I used to go for long walks in Thetford forest, especially around Brandon, beautiful and peaceful.
The only downside, it that Thetford is attached to the name.
I think there's a Centre Parks in there somewhere?
It’s in the forest very close to Lakenheath. We had a Christmas party there when I was at honington a few years back. Looked pretty decent but pricey.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Or if like me you have a Dads Army bent, Thetford is the real life setting for Walmington on Sea, it is where the majority of the series was filmed.
One of the writer Perry I believe lived in a small village between thetford and bury.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
If Penny is going, you should go to Keep on Crafting on Friday.

On Saturday, head North out of town to Grime’s Graves. Giles will have fun burying Polly in the old Highland manner down in the dips.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Pop in and say hello to Kelvin.

Yes indeed. In the late 1990s, I worked at Culford School, just outside Bury St Edmunds, and was KM's son's class teacher for a year.

He invited me to Leicester v Derby for a game in which he was assessing the referee's performance.

On the way there, I asked him about all 5 penalties awarded in the Palace match.

He strongly maintained that all 5 were valid.

I disagreed.

It was a long car journey.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
The local Football Club Bury Town has pre season friendlies:

Fri 27 19:45 H Lowestoft Town Pre-Season Friendly
Sat 28 15:00 H Tottenham Hotspur Youth Pre-Season Friendly

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes indeed. In the late 1990s, I worked at Culford School, just outside Bury St Edmunds, and was KM's son's class teacher for a year.

He invited me to Leicester v Derby for a game in which he was assessing the referee's performance.

On the way there, I asked him about all 5 penalties awarded in the Palace match.

He strongly maintained that all 5 were valid.

I disagreed.

It was a long car journey.

I had a look at it on somewhere on YouTube a while ago, and I'm afraid I'd have to agree with Morton's observations. Out defending was absolutely BATSHIT that day. Only 1 of them was maybe a bit iffy, I think a shot hit someones arm (Chapman ?), which was a bit harsh, but seen them given.

Of course, on the day, I was going totally apeshit at him along with everyone else.

[edit]

Here it is [yt]YfdyE7b5bfQ[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here