Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where in the league will we finish?

Where will we finish? The 2018/2019 edition

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not sure this has been done before, but with our incoming transfer activity likely to be concluded soon, where do you think we'll finish?

On the face of it, we've made some really REALLY good signings. Andone is probably the one who excites me the most, but Bissouma, Balogun and even Bernado all look like potentially cracking signings. I'm not commenting on Iranian Ali until it's actually done.

Let's see who gets closest by the end of the season...

Erm, we are NOT finishing in the bottom 2. :lolol:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I have voted 18th because I don't think the balance is right in the squad. I'm concerned that Hughton has given himself a lot of problems and we'll see the team changing on a game by game basis, which doesn't help the players find their consistency or best levels and I think we've got too many players without experience of the Premier League. The early signs are not positive in my opinion, and given the start of the season we have - I think we're going to be in the bottom 3 all season.

I don't want to hark back to Russell Slade's 08/09 squad but it feels like this group won't gel in the same way that squad didn't.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
14th
slow progression

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
11th, racing out of the blocks and then settling, with a couple of impressive scalps along the way. Progress.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I have voted 18th because I don't think the balance is right in the squad. I'm concerned that Hughton has given himself a lot of problems and we'll see the team changing on a game by game basis, which doesn't help the players find their consistency or best levels and I think we've got too many players without experience of the Premier League. The early signs are not positive in my opinion, and given the start of the season we have - I think we're going to be in the bottom 3 all season.

I don't want to hark back to Russell Slade's 08/09 squad but it feels like this group won't gel in the same way that squad didn't.

We had more players last season with no PL experience.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
We had more players last season with no PL experience.

Sure, that's a good point. But our team was far more settled going into last season and our core was pretty much the same as the Championship season before. Duffy, Dunk, Bruno, Stephens, Hemed was our core at the start of last season. We had added Ryan, Suttner, Propper and Gross to the side but this season I think our starting line up at Watford is going to be very different. I think it's going to take some time to settle the team down and to find the groove that we fell into last season.

I see this season being harder than last season because we have a number of unproven players. Hopefully they all perform, but inevitably a few of them won't.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
11th, and comfortably too.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
13th. Onwards and upwards. Will be content with 17th though.

From 8th down each place was about 1.5pts. I reckon we could be 3 points better off than last season, so 13th is a solid shout from me too.

I might be content with 17th, but I want a couple of those 'don't just want to be a mid table side every year' seasons that people complain about happening if you're in the PL too long....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here