Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where in the league will we finish?

Where will we finish? The 2018/2019 edition

• Total voters

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Reckon we may well just escape in 17th :)
Don't think we have the firepower at the moment and need more quality up front as baldock,hemed are championship players and Murray surely can't be as good next season?

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
13th.A huge improvement on last years points tally as well.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
17th Content, but feel we'd underachieved
16th Content, but as above
15th Good result
14th Improvement and progress
13th-11th Very good season
10th Excellent statement of intent (and where I think we'll end up)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think we performed superbly last season and frankly punched above our weight. Murray had a superb season considering his age and Gross turned out to be an absolute gem. We also saw some fantastic almost one off performances: Arsenal, Man utd (home), and West Ham (h&a) all spring to mind. We genuinely surprised some of the more established 'acts' last season and Chris et al deserve huge credit for making it happen.

This time around: Our focus surely remains the same, survival. Anything above this should (and doubtless will) be considered a major success.

This season will be FAR tougher, Fulham and Wolves are well equipped and (for me) better than the teams they replaced. Certain other teams 'owe us one' and these too have changed personnel etc. For me, we've progressed the overall squad, yet I fear the new signings will all take time to claim the shirt and become regulars. We have a very tough start, and could suffer a loss of cohesion and confidence as a consequence - yet we will have time to recover, much like Palace last season.

Overall I fear we're nearer to 18th than I'd like, but as for making a call right now I couldn't in all honesty.

As I say; if we stay up (again) I'll be delighted.

Quite a few people said they would be delighted if we stayed up again, in this thread. I don't see much delight on Nsc at the moment.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Quite a few people said they would be delighted if we stayed up again, in this thread. I don't see much delight on Nsc at the moment.

I am absolutely thrilled this morning but very little has thrilled me in the last few months watching the Albion. I never dreamed we would be so terrible to watch for so much of the season. The manner of staying up has been painful and I doubt many would want to go through the same again....hence the increasing dissatisfaction imo.

But it’s all behind us now, we go again, with some serious reshuffling somewhere I hope.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

I possibly hoped for a more ambitious style of football against teams excluding the top six, I was wrong... I hoped to be entertained and excited too... sure, I knew it would be tough, but we’ve had nothing to really excite us this year... Man Utd and Palace aside...

we’ve lost our compass,
our sails are in tatters and the Captain has lost his nerve...
rocks ahoy...
the wreck of the good ship Albion,
she doubted her worth, returned to the sea...

Salt of the earth.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
We've got to aim for something and we've got to aim high. I think 9th - 10th, top half finish should be our aim or equivalent to automatic promotion. 11th, 12th,13th,14th as play-offs which would be an improvement and our best finish so far.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
17th Content, but feel we'd underachieved
16th Content, but as above
15th Good result
14th Improvement and progress
13th-11th Very good season
10th Excellent statement of intent (and where I think we'll end up)

Here is the problem - the nature of the PL (and the domination by now six teams with a lot of money - and Spurs will struggle to stay with the rest) means that next season Brighton could finish anywhere between 10-20.

A couple of draws into wins - or a couple of losses against bottom 3 clubs and you have a 4-6 point margin and a big difference.

The number of points gap at the bottom
2017-2018 = 5 points between 14-17
2016-2017 = 1 points between 14-17
2015-2016 = 4 points between 14-17
2014-2015 = 3 points between 14-17
2013-2014 = 2 points between 14-17
2012-2013 = 2 points between 14-17 (and 5 between 11-17)

One or two games can make the difference between teetering on the edge or relative safety.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I possibly hoped for a more ambitious style of football against teams excluding the top six, I was wrong... I hoped to be entertained and excited too... sure, I knew it would be tough, but we’ve had nothing to really excite us this year... Man Utd and Palace aside...

we’ve lost our compass,
our sails are in tatters and the Captain has lost his nerve...
rocks ahoy...
the wreck of the good ship Albion,
she doubted her worth, returned to the sea...

Salt of the earth.

When are we having that drink Kosh? :lolol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Anytime mate! Obviously i’d need to quaff mine from a bull horn or something, whilst reading tarot cards with three, nay, four mysterious vagabonds from the deserts of Allansia.

So we may need drugs too :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here