Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where in the league will we finish?

Where will we finish? The 2018/2019 edition

• Total voters

NorthLainer

Aug 12, 2011
Now available in Hove
A more than respectable 12th. I have faith in our recruitment and medical teams to pick the right players, and keep them fit. Goes without saying CH and his team know what they are doing too.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
15th and happy to be so. We have made some potentially cracking signings, need to see how they bed in and how CH responds tactically to our second season at this level. Having been dismissed as relegation fodder, what was achieved last year will have made teams take note. This season will be harder, I think but fully expect us to survive without undue alarm.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
All our signings will have an element of risk. We don't have the money to compete for proven Premier League players so we're going to have to take risks on players from overseas or ones who have not quite made it in the Premier League before.

What we definitely are is more able to deal with injuries, as you are right and there will be more. We've brought in defensive cover, in Balogun and Bernardo, and are apparently after another centre back. We've covered Stephens and Propper with the signing of Bissouma. We will hopefully have got an extra winger and we've also signed another striker. I am struggling to see what more the club could have done and, given reports on a few of the signings, it is hard to see where your quantity over quality comment comes from except possibly goalkeeper.
Difference between last season's signings and this are that we signed form players last season.

Balogun, Biss, Bernardo and Andone all struggled last season they all have big potential but they are out of form. The 2 goalies are largely irrelevant.

Propper, izquerdo and Ryan were all having great seasons the year before we go them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Difference between last season's signings and this are that we signed form players last season.

Balogun, Biss, Bernardo and Andone all struggled last season they all have big potential but they are out of form. The 2 goalies are largely irrelevant.

Propper, izquerdo and Ryan were all having great seasons the year before we go them.

What about Gross and suttner ? Wasn't Ryan a back up keeper ?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
What about Gross and suttner ? Wasn't Ryan a back up keeper ?
Gross was also a top performer the season before ....

Apart from alireza we are taking much more punts this season, more in the locadia , greyhound mould.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No idea, so I'm not going in for predictions. We've had a good summer, and have strengthened the squad (I have no knowledge of any of the players we've brought in - that statement is based purely on my trust in the recruitment team!) Trouble is, pretty well everybody else has been busy strengthening too!

My ambition for the club begins and ends with staying up again. The icing on the cake would be to do that with a few games still to play so that I didn't have to worry myself silly through the last two or three games!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I've gone an optimistic 16th - second season always seems to be the hardest.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
players we've signed look decent enough but element of risk to all of them. Long way from real proven track records but as pointed out its often only the top half sides that get these.

2nd season notoriously hard and the quality in this league is there to see. On paper everyone will sign decent players.

I'm going for 13th but in and out the bottom 3 a good few times in the season.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I think a safer mid table position this season. Between 8th and 12th.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A solid 12th

Me too. I'll be disappointed if we fall below that, but with a fair wind we could do somewhat better.

This is a good poll :thumbsup:

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Survival is still the main aim, so would be delighted with 17th.
We've made some good signings, however the 2nd season is very hard.
I'm going for a 16th place finish.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Better prepared than last season and a stronger squad. 12th which is an improvement on last season but not the consistency that would make us top 10

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think the league will be tougher this year, however I am going for 13th and safer earlier.

The only whipping boys I can see are Cardiff and maybe Huddersfield, but Huddersfield have invested well.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Didn't we improve on this (set piece goals conceded) as the season progressed ?

21 was bad. How many extra points would we have if it was down to an average of 10?

I don't think West Ham will be as generous to us and Newcastle this coming season.

Worryingly, we only lost 3 times to a single goal*, and won 5 times by a single goal out of 9 wins. (*so if we played better we might still have lost?)

If we got scoring from set popices from 5 to 10 that'll help as well.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
21 was bad. How many extra points would we have if it was down to an average of 10?

I don't think West Ham will be as generous to us and Newcastle this coming season.

Agree on both counts- I just had a sense that the majority of the 21 were in the first half of the season.......so we kind of started to get to grips with it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here