Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] 5am flight

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Get up mega-early (4am) the previous day so that you kip early (9pm) the night before the flight.

5 hours sleep at that time and you'll feel ok.

D

Deleted member 18477

Short haul - Always go to bed. Did the whole staying up and was absolutely shattered the next day and had to sleep as soon as I arrived which cocked my whole weeks sleeping pattern. Even on holiday - that is annoying!

Flying at 5am and have to be at airport by 3, then i’d get up mega early day before, pack, chill and then hit the hay as close to 7pm as possible, get up at 1.45am then get ready as if it were the morning and leave at 2.am to get to airport for 3am.

Long Haul, stay up after a lie in that day. Try and sleep on plane.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thanks for the advice and thoughts everyone. I stayed up, snoozed on the plane and am now enjoying a beer before I have another snooze on the beach. So far, so good.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Short haul - Always go to bed. Did the whole staying up and was absolutely shattered the next day and had to sleep as soon as I arrived which cocked my whole weeks sleeping pattern. Even on holiday - that is annoying!

Flying at 5am and have to be at airport by 3, then i’d get up mega early day before, pack, chill and then hit the hay as close to 7pm as possible, get up at 1.45am then get ready as if it were the morning and leave at 2.am to get to airport for 3am.

Long Haul, stay up after a lie in that day. Try and sleep on plane.
If you can go to bed at 7pm you are a sleeping machine!

I'd suggest a long bike ride or run, to really tire you out. sleeping at 7 in this weather not a chance.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What a pain in the arse. Do you go to bed or stay up?

None of us being early morning people, we simply avoid them and pay extra to fly at better times.

Also, we haven't taken charter flights/package holiday for many years, always booking everything independently.

Getting next to no sleep, leaves everyone knackered for a couple of days = a horrible start to a holiday or return from holiday.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
None of us being early morning people, we simply avoid them and pay extra to fly at better times.

A few people being a bit precious on this thread. It's one night's arguably disturbed sleep in order to save a usually hugely significant number of holiday pounds. Unless money's no object or you have some form of sleep-related special needs, why on earth would you NOT opt for the red-eye special?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Where are you holidaying?

Just a bit up the road from here.Definitely jealous,can't go due to wife's health.
clue.png

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A few people being a bit precious on this thread. It's one night's arguably disturbed sleep in order to save a usually hugely significant number of holiday pounds. Unless money's no object or you have some form of sleep-related special needs, why on earth would you NOT opt for the red-eye special?

Not precious, just that we have enough money to select decent daytime flight times. Plus the avoiding the consequence of grumpy, knackered kids at the start of a holiday.

Everyone to their own, don't you agree?

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You pay a bit more for a flight at a sociable hour.

There’s only one flight a day, every other day, at 5am. Or are you suggesting I fly by private jet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here