Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] 5am flight

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What a pain in the arse. Do you go to bed or stay up?

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Had this recently in India. Stayed up.....went to the gym, ate late and went to the airport at 3am. Only problem was they were serving breakfast after takeoff, when I wanted a big glass of port and then a sleep [emoji23][emoji23]

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Depends where you’re going. If it was long haul I’d stay up, take some sleeping tablets with me and catch up on sleep on the plane. If it was short haul and you are going to be landing in Europe at about 7am I’d have gone to sleep as early as possible tonight as the last thing you want is an entire day on your feet with no sleep.

It’s a 3 hour short haul jobby. It’s vacation so I don’t have anything to do tomorrow. Just a pain there’s one flight every other day at a really shite time.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Never ever get an early morning flight. Unless you have to. Which I think you do. So go to bed early and get up early. Feel knackered.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Never ever get an early morning flight. Unless you have to. Which I think you do. So go to bed early and get up early. Feel knackered.

I agree. But I had no option with this route; 5am every other day if I want the direct flight.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Long haul = save that exhaustion for a post dinner /film ocean slumber.
Short haul = Battle through, have a good lunch with plenty of prosecco /delirium + afternoon nap = winning at life

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know the feeling, I’ve been looking at going to Lisbon with easyJet and it seems like you have to fly at about 5.30am or 10pm. I’d rather just pay a bit more for a time that doesn’t impact on my sleeping hours, but it seems that only exists from Heathrow.

I think you’re now committed to staying up now bearing in mind it’s 11pm. Let’s just hope you haven’t got a wife/family who went to bed at 8pm tonight and are hoping for a busy day of exploring tomorrow!

Yes, I think you’re right, the going to bed moment has passed, especially as I have just poured a nice IPA for me and the Frau. And it’s our annual rest and recuperation holiday so we will mainly be horizontal on the beach fretting about where to have lunch and dinner so not going to be overly busy. We will push on through and deal with tiredness tomorrow.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Depends where you’re going. If it was long haul I’d stay up, take some sleeping tablets with me and catch up on sleep on the plane. If it was short haul and you are going to be landing in Europe at about 7am I’d have gone to sleep as early as possible tonight as the last thing you want is an entire day on your feet with no sleep.

Good advice me thinks.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
It’s a 3 hour short haul jobby. It’s vacation so I don’t have anything to do tomorrow. Just a pain there’s one flight every other day at a really shite time.

You’re considering pulling an all nighter for a 3 hour flight? Madness. All you’ll want to do once you get on your holiday will be sleep and you’ll jet lag yourself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here