Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex v Glamorgan (Day/Night) 22 July 2018 County Championship Div 2

smartferndale

Mar 21, 2013
Are we beginning to see the effect of the new team coaching the side? Hope there are no injuries to the bowling attack as the back up do not appear up to the same level.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Been watching Sussex since 74 and I've never seen us bowl out a side twice in 2 sessions. Glamorgan were poor, but Sussex attack was awesome. 8 clean bowleds in 2 sessions?? Dizzy has them believing and with Kent getting done in 2 days, hopefully this is the pivotal day in the season.

Players deserve a couple of days off, golf, R&R, whatever. GOSBTS.

PG

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Been watching Sussex since 74 and I've never seen us bowl out a side twice in 2 sessions. Glamorgan were poor, but Sussex attack was awesome. 8 clean bowleds in 2 sessions?? Dizzy has them believing and with Kent getting done in 2 days, hopefully this is the pivotal day in the season.

Players deserve a couple of days off, golf, R&R, whatever. GOSBTS.

PG

Question, anyone know why Luke Wright did not play?

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I went yesterday (I only get to Hove occasionally each season) and was mightily impressed with the bowling quartet. Yes, Glamorgan were very poor indeed but I thought the Sussex bowlers were relentless with some disciplined bowling and at times some good pace. Hardly a bad ball bowled. Archer rightly gets the plaudits but that was a good team bowling performance.

I certainly can’t recall witnessing a match where a side lost 20 wickets in 2 sessions. I was quite looking forward to an evening session of pink ball cricket! The only pink on view was the state of my legs this morning having sat in the glorious sunshine.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Encouraging that Robinson seems to be bowling with some discipline, he could really thrive under Gillespie (if they've kissed and made up that is).

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Encouraging that Robinson seems to be bowling with some discipline, he could really thrive under Gillespie (if they've kissed and made up that is).

Yeah, 35 wickets at about 21 is not too shabby - he's done well

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003

That's hilarious if you use Google Translate as opposed to reading it in the original Greek. A small excerpt:

"Only 3.5 puppies took the English to hit the first wicket at the beginning of the second day, as Jofra Archer bowed Jack Murphy for two.
The second and third wickets of the fastener bowl came into three balls in his third pole, as he bowled Nick Selman for nine, before paying the benchmarker Ben Brown to dispose of Usman Khawaja without scoring.
They were 11 for four in the seventh pole as Ollie Robinson hit Connor Brown's leg in front of the wicket without having scored either.
The fifth wicket dropped within a while, as Kiran Carlson shot Phil Salt in the slip off Jofra Archer's bowling for three, and the score was 15 for five and Archer had then captured four wickets for four runs inside 11 balls."

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
That's hilarious if you use Google Translate as opposed to reading it in the original Greek. A small excerpt:

"Only 3.5 puppies took the English to hit the first wicket at the beginning of the second day, as Jofra Archer bowed Jack Murphy for two.
The second and third wickets of the fastener bowl came into three balls in his third pole, as he bowled Nick Selman for nine, before paying the benchmarker Ben Brown to dispose of Usman Khawaja without scoring.
They were 11 for four in the seventh pole as Ollie Robinson hit Connor Brown's leg in front of the wicket without having scored either.
The fifth wicket dropped within a while, as Kiran Carlson shot Phil Salt in the slip off Jofra Archer's bowling for three, and the score was 15 for five and Archer had then captured four wickets for four runs inside 11 balls."

Makes more sense than Adrian Harms...

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton

Probably easier to read in Welsh...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here