Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] All uber lovers

geoff2021

Jun 22, 2009
saturday morning 14th july bottom of west st to st peter,s church £9.00 told as its busy 1.88 normal fare increase normal cab £5.80
saturday afternoon 14th july Gatwick £82 but set fare on radio cabs £40
saturday 21st july old market, upper st hove to bond st. quoted £19 (not enough cars ) 204060 fare was
£5.80 have deleted their app and installed radio cabs and was told any out of town runs phone for set fare day or night
Uber is a total rip off, no cars price surge !!!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
saturday morning 14th july bottom of west st to st peter,s church normal cab £5.80 Bus Centre Fare £2.20
saturday afternoon 14th july set fare on radio cabs £40 Southern £10.50
saturday 21st july old market, upper st hove to bond st. fare was £5.80 Bus Cetnre Fare £2.20

have deleted radio cabs as a total rip off,

You always have options

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Uber is a disgrace of a company and anyone using them is assisting the race to the bottom for wages, treating staff correctly and service. The bloke who owns the company is a complete and utter ****. Have a look at what they've done to taxi drivers in India for starters....

Fortunately in Sheffield we have City Cars who have basically monopolised the market by taking over other firms. From speaking to their drivers over the years, it seems they are a decent firm to work for and their service is brilliant.

App works just like Uber (apparently as I've never used them), can track the car and you know the name of the driver, estimated cost, car reg etc.

You do see the odd Uber branded car here but I've no idea why anyone in the city would use them unless they think the brand is cool or something. Presumably those that do all have iPhones as well and think that they're better because they cost more.

You can't educate pork.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
1. Walk
2. Take the bus
3. Stop taking taxis at peak times
4. Enjoy the fact that you have (had) a choice
5. It's a brilliant summer - why moan on a football forum that one choice was more expensive, so you took the other choice?

:flounce:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Uber is a disgrace of a company and anyone using them is assisting the race to the bottom for wages, treating staff correctly and service. The bloke who owns the company is a complete and utter ****. Have a look at what they've done to taxi drivers in India for starters....

Fortunately in Sheffield we have City Cars who have basically monopolised the market by taking over other firms. From speaking to their drivers over the years, it seems they are a decent firm to work for and their service is brilliant.

App works just like Uber (apparently as I've never used them), can track the car and you know the name of the driver, estimated cost, car reg etc.

You do see the odd Uber branded car here but I've no idea why anyone in the city would use them unless they think the brand is cool or something. Presumably those that do all have iPhones as well and think that they're better because they cost more.

You can't educate pork.

The old “Race to the bottom “ line lol, I haven’t met an Uber driver who wasn’t happy with his terms and conditions!

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8530028 said:
Speaking of cab fares, what's the going mini cab fare from Heathrow to Gawtick these days?

A quick Google says about £50 (standard cab, not Uber)

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The old “Race to the bottom “ line lol, I haven’t met an Uber driver who wasn’t happy with his terms and conditions!
Yeah but you very often talk a load of ill informed crap on here so that statement is irrelevant as I don't respect your opinion on anything.

SeagullSarge

Jul 8, 2012
Last night's Uber, City Centre to Portslade £12 in a brand new Audi A6 with a nice, talkative, happy driver who knew the local area very well. Last B&H taxi I took cost nearly £20 into Brighton and the miserable cabbie (who didn't mutter a word until we got into town) dropped me at the clock tower (despite the journey supposed to end at the Seven Stars pub) refusing to go any further.

We all have a choice, I chose Uber.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Last night's Uber, City Centre to Portslade £12 in a brand new Audi A6 with a nice, talkative, happy driver who knew the local area very well. Last B&H taxi I took cost nearly £20 into Brighton and the miserable cabbie (who didn't mutter a word until we got into town) dropped me at the clock tower (despite the journey supposed to end at the Seven Stars pub) refusing to go any further.

We all have a choice, I chose Uber.

I trust there was no tip

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I used uber for the first time friday I left my card at home and needed to get a taxi from a train station to my meeting. Got my card details and set up an account worked fine. Very handy for this mistake however I will not make a habbit of using them.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
They've been having a lot of issues here in SE Asia and 'Grab' are certainly a much better option as an app. Prices seem consistantly cheaper than regular taxis and much less hassle with scams from drivers.

Then again the regular taxis here can be very sketchy at times especially to tourists.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If memory serves me correctly the OP is a local cab driver !

Anyway, I'm very happy with Uber - never had a bad journey and they actually use nice cars rather than those boxes on wheels. I've had some awful service from the local firms and Radio Cabs app is shockingly rubbish. Viva la Uber.

mikebha1963

May 13, 2014
Good luck
If memory serves me correctly the OP is a local cab driver !

Anyway, I'm very happy with Uber - never had a bad journey and they actually use nice cars rather than those boxes on wheels. I've had some awful service from the local firms and Radio Cabs app is shockingly rubbish. Viva la Uber.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here