Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Are gas barbecues cheating?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I’m nailing it meal after meal with my gas-powered barbecue, but feel strangely unfulfilled. Like I have given up on mastering real fire.
Are gas barbecues a sign of weakness?

What do you mean, a gas barbecue? It's not a f*kcin' barbecue at all, it's a f*kcin' cooker.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What do you mean, a gas barbecue? It's not a f*kcin' barbecue at all, it's a f*kcin' cooker.

Perfectly and succinctly put.

A gas "barbecue" is merely a cooker dragged out onto the patio. If you're going to do a barbecue, then bloody do it properly, with BRIQUETTES or CHARCOAL. As far as I'm concerned, people who use gas cookers in the garden are like the plastics in the pub watching Liverpool, trying to convince themselves they're "fans". You're not. Its fake. Just like your shit gas grill.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Convert. Definitely less manly in a traditional sense but equally there’s really no need to send smoke signals anymore...just use the phone. Job done and jog on Neanderthal man - you don’t even marinade!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

A gas "barbecue" is merely a cooker dragged out onto the patio. If you're going to do a barbecue, then bloody do it properly, with BRIQUETTES or CHARCOAL. As far as I'm concerned, people who use gas cookers in the garden are like the plastics in the pub watching Liverpool, trying to convince themselves they're "fans". You're not. Its fake. Just like your shit gas grill.
This.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Get with the beat baggy and stop pointing at planes. It’s embarrassing. Now are you calor or flogas?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Who knows? So, what sort of pretentious sh1t are you?

..........Gas man.........................

I’ll ask my butler and get back to you tomorrow.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Get with the beat baggy and stop pointing at planes. It’s embarrassing. Now are you calor or flogas?

Do behave, Just because you're not MAN enough to handle an open flame, don't come on here giving it the biggun about your little kitchen hob.

I don't just BBQ either. I got me a SMOKER. Shove a rack of ribs in the main chamber, scatter some hickory smoked woodchips amongst the coals in the side one, and 4 hours later you've got yourself some prime flavoured pork, just falling off the bone. #redneck

[tweet]1020820467194744834[/tweet]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Are gas barbecues cheating?
No.

I’m nailing it meal after meal with my gas-powered barbecue
Really? What sort of food are you nailing and how exactly is it being nailed, since you're not getting that smoky bbq flavour?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Convert. Definitely less manly in a traditional sense but equally there’s really no need to send smoke signals anymore...just use the phone. Job done and jog on Neanderthal man - you don’t even marinade!
Nobody marinades. They may, however, marinate.

Feb 9, 2012
perth
Australia - home of the BBQ. Get with the program, there are only gas ones here!

I still remember those miserable days freezing my tits of standing around a pathetic little collection of barely steaming charcoal on a grey drizzly weekend in Worthing, wondering what the great mystery about cooking in the garden was all about.

D

Deleted member 2719

But it really doesn't matter at all
No it really doesn't matter at all
Life's a gas.......

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Australia - home of the BBQ. Get with the program, there are only gas ones here!

I still remember those miserable days freezing my tits of standing around a pathetic little collection of barely steaming charcoal on a grey drizzly weekend in Worthing, wondering what the great mystery about cooking in the garden was all about.

Outside the caravan in France, in the middle of pine & oak forest, watched by the red deer, and red squirrels, charcoal BBQs are banned.
We bought a neat cube gas cylinder for 45€ with interchangeable metal tops, 8 years ago, which fits brilliantly in the car, fits our small garden, and is easy to clean.

Forget the fulfilment, caveman.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
The 2 aren't comparable and are both fine. What's better, an automatic car or manual? Both have merits. Gas is simply hassle free outside cooking to be enjoyed. Barbecuing/braaing is a fine art, steaming a duck on a weber or choosing the right wood for the fish is a skill not chucking on some shop bought cheap burgers or sausages. Only thing I cheat on with a braai is sometimes part cook chicken indoors before finishing them on coal for hassle free and safely cooked hotwings

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Australia - home of no taste, style, decency or intelligence. Hardly surprising that they've debased the barbecue to the point where it's just grilling stuff outside.

If they can't even play cricket without cheating then what do you expect from a nation of backward, Neanderthal convicts. [emoji23]

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Australia - home of no taste, style, decency or intelligence. Hardly surprising that they've debased the barbecue to the point where it's just grilling stuff outside.

If they can't even play cricket without cheating then what do you expect from a nation of backward, Neanderthal convicts. [emoji23]

I handnt thought of it like that, well put, I stand corrected. Case closed. Man up op

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I received one yesterday for my birthday but alas there seems to be s shortage of gas in the Shoreham area. Today it is back to charcoal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here