Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Are gas barbecues cheating?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I’m nailing it meal after meal with my gas-powered barbecue, but feel strangely unfulfilled. Like I have given up on mastering real fire.
Are gas barbecues a sign of weakness?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I’m nailing it meal after meal with my gas-powered barbecue, but feel strangely unfulfilled. Like I have given up on mastering real fire.
Yes of course they are!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What you should do is gather kindling, cure your own logs, and crack flints together to spark a fire. Then you kill an animal (ideally with your bare hands) and roast it on your fire. Naked. Careful, though.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
At least you will get it lit, without the faff of wondering if it's fired up properly. However it's cheating - as I do with the easy light charcoal bags.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
100% yes. It's just cooking, which is for girls. Whereas barbecuing is for MEN. You already knew this though or you wouldn't have had to ask the QUESTION.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Man up man. Get back to coal. If your food doesn’t taste of charcoal or petrol you’re doing something wrong.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its only cheating in the same sense that cooking everything under a grill is cheating.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Given the weather I can’t believe it has taken this long, this season, for this thread to happen.

What the hell has happened to this site?

(Yes you are cheating)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
All the public BBQs in Oz are electric, most home BBQs are gas powered, in some states you cannot even buy charcoal. Go figure huh.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here