Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughtons 18/19 Tactics

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
What can we see differently from last season in terms of how we line up and play?

I’m expecting much of the same with better players. Maybe use of 442 a lot more than 4411

Very impressed with the signings so far. Most players are an upgrade from what we have and some offer slightly more flexibility. I LOVE Andone and Bernardo, I don’t think most fans realise yet how good they both are, not amazing at any one think but both very well rounded complete players. Only player who raises questions is Locadia, Im not sure he has played in 442 setups much??

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Hit on the break but with improved player quality. Think the new CF will have a big impact even if he knackers the defence for GM to come on later! We'll have more options as to the formation, depending on the opposition, but CH will be pragmatic as ever and that suites me just fine!

Bernardo looks a very tidy player and i think he'll bed in nicely when up to speed. Andone will scare the opposition and keep them honest, looks smart and seems to have a great work ethic!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not sure what formation, but probably sit deep and counter attack with pace. The players we’ve recruited all look like they are speedy.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What can we see differently from last season in terms of how we line up and play?

I’m expecting much of the same with better players. Maybe use of 442 a lot more than 4411

Very impressed with the signings so far. Most players are an upgrade from what we have and some offer slightly more flexibility. I LOVE Andone and Bernardo, I don’t think most fans realise yet how good they both are, not amazing at any one think but both very well rounded complete players. Only player who raises questions is Locadia, Im not sure he has played in 442 setups much??

When have we played 4-4-2 in The Premier it has been and I would expect us to continue to set up as 4-4-1-1 not my ideal formation but it appears to be CH's

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Or to put it another way:-

'I've been saying all summer CH will move to a 3/5 man defense, but as that looks unlikely, instead of saying I was wrong, I'm going to say everything will stay the same'.

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
So

—————--Andone——————
——————Gross———————
Izquierdo-Propper-Bissouma-Knockaert
—-Bernardo-Duffy-Dunk-Schelotto—-
———————Ryan——————-

????

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I think the season will start exactly how the last one ended, with the possibility of Andone in for Murray if he's not fit.

I think all the other players will be bedded in slowly as per the Houghton way, i.e Schelotto, Izquierdo, Locadia etc.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I think the season will start exactly how the last one ended, with the possibility of Andone in for Murray if he's not fit.

I think all the other players will be bedded in slowly as per the Houghton way, i.e Schelotto, Izquierdo, Locadia etc.

Murray, Ryan, Gross, Propper all pretty much started from Day 1 of being signed and have barely lost their places since.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Murray, Ryan, Gross, Propper all pretty much started from Day 1 of being signed and have barely lost their places since.

It was either:-

Murrray or Hemed. (I'm just going to assume Baldock was injured)
Ryan or Nikki M
Gross or nobody.
Propper or Sidwell.

The rest of the new signing had to wait because there was already established players in their positions.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
It was either:-

Murrray or Hemed. (I'm just going to assume Baldock was injured)
Ryan or Nikki M
Gross or nobody.
Propper or Sidwell.

The rest of the new signing had to wait because there was already established players in their positions.

Busted.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Pragmatism from CH, but an improved squad with more quality, real competition for places, means much better prospects and maybe releasing the the wingers to do what they do best which is attack. Dont expect to see Duffy play every game and he needs consistency, but considering our attacking line last year to where we are now is a huge difference. More goals and a higher place for the coming year. locadia remains the only question mark for me, he's not a shoe in and appears to need to change his attitude, which I cannot see happening, could be gone in January.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I can see Balogun starting at RB, he’s played a lot of football at that position and would be a tremendous help in defending corners and set pieces. Bernardo is probably going be our starting LB so we’d have four defenders comfortably over 6ft. As for the midfield and forwards, we’ll thats anyone’s guess as we could have some serious competition for places, especially if Jahanbakhsh signs.

D

Deleted member 2719

Hughton leaving Murray on the bench and he will still gets offside more than any player alive.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here