Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Virgin Media losing channels from tomorrow

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Exsctly this. We have Virgin broadband and sky tv. Works well.

Same here. Virgin broadband cannot be beaten only in price. We ditched there tv a few years ago in favour of Sky tv. Best thing we did. Sky tv is far superior and you can haggle like mad with them

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Sorry can I ask do you have no dish for the sky then? I want to go back to sky but can no longer get line of sight to the satellite cheers council (Won't trim their trees next door unless we pay)

Get a sub contractor to come out and have a look. We had this problem

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
From late 2018 you will be able to get Sky TV without a dish, it will stream via internet to the box. In the meantime use the latest NowTV box for Sky tv and built in freeview and catchup channels

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
It's all gone a bit pear-shaped!

Virgin took down their customer service e-mail a while back because customers were using it to err make enquiries. Their Live Chat is constantly unavailable. They are not taking any phone calls because there is a long queue waiting to speak with the cancellations department!

If you put the (work) e-mails of Virgin execs on their forums they are deleted in seconds. They are doing all they can to ensure customers can't speak with them.

On the website, it recommends "sending a letter". A tech company with no e-mail which wants customers to write a letter.

You couldn't make it up!

(I understand that Virgin is offering a £3 pm discount to those who did get through to complain but that offer doesn't appear to be consistent. Depends who you get answering the 'phone. Also some minions are still quoting cancellation charges for those wishing to break contracts whilst others are saying you can cancel immediately without penalty)

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Every cloud. Thanks to this row, I'm currently watching Connor Goldson and Jamie Murphy playing in Europe on Premier Sports.

1-0 Murphy involved.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Goldson looked the best player on the pitch in the first half and Rangers have been very happy with Jamie Murphy since he went there. Gerrard should come back for Ollie Norwood Richie Towell and Jiri Skalak. Sam and Tomer would also score a bucket load up there. Alan McGregor's getting on a bit, so pick up Stockdale and give him a new lease of life. We could be like seventies Liverpool fans watching Toshack's Swansea.

Jul 7, 2003
Too late - switched my TV to Sky and got a good deal to do so.

When I spoke to the people in the VM cancellations department, they had been inundated with people switching. Not just the loss of channels but because of how badly it had been handled.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
I just use my friends Sky Go Extra login on my playstation. He still gets to use it on 3 other devices. Full package at no cost.

Everyone should do it!

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
I just use my friends Sky Go Extra login on my playstation. He still gets to use it on 3 other devices. Full package at no cost.

Everyone should do it!

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Someone still has to pay for the initial package though. We do the same with Netflix, sharing my sister in laws subscription.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here