Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Virgin Media losing channels from tomorrow

Jul 7, 2003
Heads up for those who get their TV via Virgin Media. As from tomorrow, they won't be showing any UKTV programmes. Whilst there is a lot of old crap on them it does mean that those who like their comedy will lose access to Dave.

They haven't communicated this with customers but details can be found on http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/tvupdate.html

VM forums are full of unhappy people - not just about the loss of channels but also the lack of notice.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
This is surely a good thing? Of all the incredible things there are available for human beings to do on this planet and some people would prefer to vegetate on the sofa infront of UKTV? :wozza:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bloody Virgin - always charging more and more for less and less. When I first got cable it was from United Artists it was fantastic value; taken over by Telewest - not quite so good, but at least they had a local office where I could go and complain/negotiate/haggle. Then along came Virgin..........

Changes to your package, sir? - yes, we'll do it without consulting you. We know you don't want to be bothered, and besides we know best what you really want.
Removing a channel? - well, you weren't watching it anyway. What's that? - you were? Oh. Well, other people weren't, so tough.
'We are giving you the option to continue with Virgin with a magnificent deal whereby the price only goes up by slightly more than the rate of inflation........."

Anyone give me a good run down on what it's like to be with Sky, BT, or whoever?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bloody Virgin - always charging more and more for less and less. When I first got cable it was from United Artists it was fantastic value; taken over by Telewest - not quite so good, but at least they had a local office where I could go and complain/negotiate/haggle. Then along came Virgin..........

Changes to your package, sir? - yes, we'll do it without consulting you. We know you don't want to be bothered, and besides we know best what you really want.
Removing a channel? - well, you weren't watching it anyway. What's that? - you were? Oh. Well, other people weren't, so tough.
'We are giving you the option to continue with Virgin with a magnificent deal whereby the price only goes up by slightly more than the rate of inflation........."

Anyone give me a good run down on what it's like to be with Sky, BT, or whoever?
This. Virgin are gash and they don't even broadcast in 4g, unlike Sky. Like you, I need to sort this out and move to Sky asap.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
This. Virgin are gash and they don't even broadcast in 4g, unlike Sky. Like you, I need to sort this out and move to Sky asap.
They might be able to provide a better service if they didn't spend so much money on sending Sky customers like me HUNDREDS of letters a year telling me that I can save £££ by switching to them.

After the first few years of actually doing the calculations occasionally and realising that they would actually give me less for more cash, I stopped reading them and they go straight in the recycling.

My brother in law has Virgin TV and in comparison to Sky it is SHIT. Even though he's not into sport (weird but he's a good lad) the box and the whole use of it are just crap.

Go away BRANSTON and concentrate on making PICKLE.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Only found out about this earlier this evening. I will be checking out other deals and dumping Virgin as soon as I can. I'm a sad old git and two of my most watched channels are Dave and Gold. ******** :rant:

Jul 7, 2003
Only found out about this earlier this evening. I will be checking out other deals and dumping Virgin as soon as I can. I'm a sad old git and two of my most watched channels are Dave and Gold. ******** :rant:

I'm going to give it a couple of weeks to see if the backlash makes VM reconsider. If not, I will be looking to move my TV to Sky. However, I will look to keep my VM fibre broadband as that has always been very reliable.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
They might be able to provide a better service if they didn't spend so much money on sending Sky customers like me HUNDREDS of letters a year telling me that I can save £££ by switching to them.

After the first few years of actually doing the calculations occasionally and realising that they would actually give me less for more cash, I stopped reading them and they go straight in the recycling.

My brother in law has Virgin TV and in comparison to Sky it is SHIT. Even though he's not into sport (weird but he's a good lad) the box and the whole use of it are just crap.

Go away BRANSTON and concentrate on making PICKLE.
He doesn't own Virgin TV.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here