Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Official AFC Wimbledon v Brighton & Hove Albion Match Thread

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Had completely forgotten about Radulovic, has he been playing for the Development squad or been out on loan?

He joined the club at the end of the transfer window on January 31, physically arrived here around the second week of March after playing for the Serbian U-19s in Bulgaria, made his debut as a late sub for the U-23s against Everton on March 17 and finished the season having scored 3 goals in 2 starts for the U-18s and with 3 sub appearances for the U-23s.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I got the game on my iPhone, but if I tried to ‘mirror ‘ it through Apple TV it wouldn’t have it. Just commentary.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
Difficult to get a good sense of the game where I was sat but didn't feel like a very meaningful result, though I too feel concerned about Locadia.

Impressed by AFCW though - resolute in defence, some threat in attack and some talented players. Ardley's been under a bit of flak for his slow but steady defensive approach over the years, the fans have told him they'd like more risk taking and more excitement. They reckon he's responding positively thru new signings.

Bearing this in mind and the time he has had at the club I think they could be a dark horse in their division this year, I've made a modest investment in them for promotion at 14-1.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
One positive from the match I thought that our kit looked great.

Here's another positive: friendly matches in July that feature your second string are about as relevant to how you'll do in the league as 99% of your posts, the quoted one included.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
For the first goal Barclay won the initial header but failed to recover in time and mark his man when the ball was played back in. He looked round hoping the scorer was offside but no such luck. And Barclay failed to clear the cross for the second.

Just seen the highlights again and you are right. I thought that massive Duffy error which led to their first goal but it wasn't. Locadia's finishing looks worse now i've seen the highlights again. He was a tad unlucky with one but the last effort was utterly shocking. They didn't show the shot which left the stadium lol.
Button seemed to be all at sea for the second goal but i don't think he can be blamed entirely.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Thought Kayal looked good yesterday, Duffy looked very rusty and Locardia couldn’t wait to be substituted, his hand went up as soon as he hit the ground and then had a little strop as no one on the sideline was looking. Got himself in some good positions which was encouraging and was unlucky with a couple of chances, still not convinced with his attitude.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Its all about fitness not results....

Here's another positive: friendly matches in July that feature your second string are about as relevant to how you'll do in the league as 99% of your posts, the quoted one included.

Which are precisely the sort of reasons I never go to pre-season friendlies. Generally dull uninspiring games that are all about CH seeing and assessing players in a match situation, and bear very little resemblance to what is about to happen once the season starts.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

What has that got to do with my post on how good the kit looked? This match as with all friendlies show why I and many more object to paying to watch what amounts to no more than a training session. I have always believed that the home friendly should be free admission first come first served to encourage the spreading of our name to the younger supporters of the future.

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
One positive from the match I thought that our kit looked great.
.It did look better than I expected to be honest.

Did anyone else find that players on the wings weren't immediately obvious? That may have the background compared with a packed Premier League ground or it could be a touch of the Man U grey strip syndrome.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
.It did look better than I expected to be honest.

Did anyone else find that players on the wings weren't immediately obvious? That may have the background compared with a packed Premier League ground or it could be a touch of the Man U grey strip syndrome.

Yes, a couple of times from long cross field balls that I thought were just over hit and a player seem to appear. Not bothered about what colour our kit is, just the players in them!

A tad disappointing performance, but if we had taken our chances would have won easy. Kayal looked very good and dominated midfield, Solly looked busy and the team that finished looked the best. Connelly looked very promising, makes good runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here