Lancing By Sea
How about the furthest by car non stop
Hove to Dundee in just over eight hours
No petrol or toilet stops
The joy of the travelling salesman

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
done the Dieppe run from Toulouse and vice versa quite a few times,only one way mind,which is around 600 miles

last week I travelled to Nantes and back in the same day,clocking up around 660 miles

thinking this is probably the most I've ever done in a day

but to my surprise,Brighton to Newcastle and back is a staggering 690 miles!

what's your record?

Harrow to Sitges, avoiding Paris via Calais-Rouen-Evreux-Dreux-Chartres-Orleans ( Eurotunnel and Dartford Crossing did some of the heavy lifting). Annoyed a lot of French and Catalan drivers ( plus, probably, most of NSC) enroute.

UK - Aberdeen to London on a Friday night after work. Plus Harrow to Perth (Scotland) and back in a day when I forgot something ( apart from the Highway Code)

Brighton to Wurzburg in a Ford Anglia in 1965, albeit performing more of a back seat driver role, as I was ten at the time...

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
New York to Chicago, about 800 miles and 5 different States

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Dorking to York and back in same day, only about 465 miles but that was a looooong day. Over 8 hours I think.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Some of these journeys are heroic!

As a regular thing I used to do the c 400 mile round trip from Nottingham to Brighton via Steyning or Worthing for virtually every home game back in the Withdean era, but can’t get near any of the above one-off odysseys other than Brighton to the Trossachs one Friday night (c 500 Miles) and being a passenger for the Brighton-Boro-Brighton trip a couple of years back (a touch over 600? - thanks again James)

Did Burgess Hill to Dover (97 miles) then Callais to Frejus (725 miles) in 20 hours once.

7 days later did the reverse.

Was young then though, could't do it again.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Aviemore (a place I liken to Twin Peaks btw) to Brighton. Blinding Sunlight all the way and a 1 hour motorway closure to boot. Still could not ruin what had been a blinding Scottish Golf Trip including an 85 at the very difficult KingsBarns which I regard as my best round of golf ever (18 handicapper generally).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Aviemore (a place I liken to Twin Peaks btw) to Brighton. Blinding Sunlight all the way and a 1 hour motorway closure to boot. Still could not ruin what had been a blinding Scottish Golf Trip including an 85 at the very difficult KingsBarns which I regard as my best round of golf ever (18 handicapper generally).

I went there with friends in August 1982, camping nearby. As niave 17 year old southern softies, in the (ugly 60's/70's) Aviemore Centre bars and clubs we were surrounded by Glaswegian older blokes drinking far more than us - gallons of Tartan lager, with sudden outbursts of aggressive shouting and then fights. Great memories though - brilliant pop music for me at that time and cute Clare Grogan lookalikes.

Passed through Speyside in January 1995 - beautiful villages in the snow, but the Aviemore Centre was still ugly!

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
About 500, on holiday- went from Kissimee in Florida (near the theme parks), to Atlanta Georgia, where a mate was working on a long term contract.. we rather got lost, and went voa Macon, Georgia- ar5e end of nowhere..

Whenever The Simpsons mention that place, I have to laugh..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here