Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tomer Hemed

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Firstly, this thread has nothing to do with Baldock.
Secondly, to all those who say we have moved on, we have no idea yet if Andone and Locadia are a step up, sideways or down. We shall see.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
If there was a quick way to find out which posters on here have previously said Ashley Barnes wasn't good enough for the championship I'd be interested.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If there was a quick way to find out which posters on here have previously said Ashley Barnes wasn't good enough for the championship I'd be interested.

The thing with Barnes is that he's all end product, he doesn't contribute much which isn't visible. Most of the defence of Baldock is that he does his work off the ball. With Barnes, he's constantly contributing something which is far more important and valuable. Barnes isn't a guy who is going to make a run to open up some space, he's going to get on the ball and try to make something happen. He'll lose the ball a lot, because he's attempting dangerous passes or shooting. But I'd rather have that sort of player any day of the week. Especially when this happens (it was Barnes' cross) ;

[YT]SEnQ1C3-nXg[/YT]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Murray scores with sheer power or as has been said misses the target but Hemed's are always the same and very predictable, same corner, same stutter on the run up and with the goalkeeping coaching I am surprised more havent realised this and saved them We all know where they are going and are usually correct, so why do other keepers not.

Er, becuase it isn't true.

Hemed waits for the keeper to move. Best way to deal with that is not move. Then Hemed will pick a side.....and score again.

He is a top penalty take. I'm surprisd you haven't realised this :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Murray scores with sheer power or as has been said misses the target but Hemed's are always the same and very predictable, same corner, same stutter on the run up and with the goalkeeping coaching I am surprised more havent realised this and saved them We all know where they are going and are usually correct, so why do other keepers not.

Oh FFS just stop winding everyone up.......Tomer has just about the best pen stats in Europe.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
That is the point I do not understand why they havent done this as it seems so obvious and they have nothing to lose.
His conversion rate is excellent and he is one of our most successful penalty takers we've had.
Instead of trying to find faults with his style why not give the bloke credid instead and accept the way he takes them?

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I like Tomer. However I think he’s off. He made it clear at the end of last season that he wants more starts. I agree that I can’t seperate him from Murray. It’s also true that Locadia and Andone are largely unknown prosiects. With both I’m not clear if they will be best as a single forward up front.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Very good in the Championship especially in a good team, but there's nothing about him that helps him become elite at this higher level. Happy enough with him as 4th choice ahead of Baldock if that's what happens but glad we have 3 who look better able to play in PL and keep us there.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
........ And that Ashley Barnes is never going to make anything of himself........

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
I've always seen TH as a quiet unassuming type of player, who is happy just to plod along, getting chances when he can, without making a fuss.
For him to gain a permanent starting berth, he has to move away, give him a bit more of a challenge.
But football is a fickle world, so who knows what would ensue :shrug:

Really?? Have you seen his social media?? I’ve never seen a player with such an over inflated opinion of himself. He likes a good bit of self promo.
Last season after one match he posted an amazing pic of himself heading the ball towards goal. It looked brilliant until I remembered it was actually a chance he should’ve put away but missed the goal completely. He’s also created the hashtag #TH10 which he puts on his tweets. Unassuming in a Max Clifford kinda way I guess.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Really?? Have you seen his social media?? I’ve never seen a player with such an over inflated opinion of himself. He likes a good bit of self promo.
Last season after one match he posted an amazing pic of himself heading the ball towards goal. It looked brilliant until I remembered it was actually a chance he should’ve put away but missed the goal completely. He’s also created the hashtag #TH10 which he puts on his tweets. Unassuming in a Max Clifford kinda way I guess.

No not on social media, only NSC.
I've spoken to him briefly on a couple of occasions outside the Amex, pre match, seemed ok to me :thumbsup:

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Still amazes me that despite taking us up and keeping us there people think they know better than Hughton.

Some of the posts on here are laughable - 15-20 goals in the Premier League? Have a day off.

Nice bloke, decent enough in the Championship, but nowhere near the level required for Premier League. He wasn't even our first choice forward in the Championship because Murray is simply superior in every department bar penalties.

And even then the "Hemed never misses a penalty" thing is a myth, he blew one at Wolves in his first season that ultimately resulted in 2 dropped points and us missing out on promotion. He also fluffed one at Preston when we went up.

Time for NSC to move on...but yet again it's a classic case of "myth that player becomes better when he's not playing"...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Still amazes me that despite taking us up and keeping us there people think they know better than Hughton.

Some of the posts on here are laughable - 15-20 goals in the Premier League? Have a day off.

Nice bloke, decent enough in the Championship, but nowhere near the level required for Premier League. He wasn't even our first choice forward in the Championship because Murray is simply superior in every department bar penalties.

And even then the "Hemed never misses a penalty" thing is a myth, he blew one at Wolves in his first season that ultimately resulted in 2 dropped points and us missing out on promotion. He also fluffed one at Preston when we went up.

Time for NSC to move on...but yet again it's a classic case of "myth that player becomes better when he's not playing"...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bit of an OTT reaction. I don't think anyone is claiming they know better than Hughton. As for myself and some others, well we seem to agree Tomer could still do a job if called upon and that some of the criticism that flies his way is unjustified. I stick by both those statements. I agree that the 15-20 goals claim was a bit OTT from the poster who said that, but I think that was an isolated rush of blood rather then the general tone of this thread.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here