Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tomer Hemed

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
I thought he was pretty unlucky last year - he played brilliantly against Newcastle, was strong, held the ball up well, scored and then got banned (unfairly in my opinion) and lost his place to Murray.

At his best he’s a superb number 9 who plays will with a pacy striker running off him. Not sure I see him combining well with Pascal though - it tends to expose his limitations.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Not good enough. We have moved on.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Personally, and I realise this is going to be controversial (gulp); I think Murray had a ‘lucky’ season last year... some fortuitous goals for sure and no sendings off and those pens. Tomer the opposite, very little luck whatsoever...

With luck he could score 15 in the prem. I am willing to stake my tattered reputation here. He is a good striker, a very good one.

I’d start him over Murray this year tbh.

Eeeeeeep

Logs off . . .

Can't agree with this. He's maybe slightly quicker than Murray but even that's debatable, outside of that Murray holds an advantage in every other facet (penalties excepted).

Tomer is a decent all-round player, but what is his one strength which really stands him out? I'm not sure he has one, although the counter to that is he doesn't have any glaring weaknesses.

Where Murray really excels is his hold up play back to goal. The amount of clever free kicks he wins is astonishing and this is due to his reading of the game.

If Hemed stayed as 4th or 5th choice next season, not a problem as he is a decent back up option, but we should be aiming higher now.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think it's easy to forget what he contributed in those first few games before he was suspended. How many games did he play, was it 4? Anyway, he scored twice & I remember his level of passion & commitment being really impressive at the time - especially as it was being converted into goals - but felt that it was precisely that passion which led to the 'incident' in the Newcastle game & the subsequent suspension.

I'm with the OP on this; would really like to see a repeat of the above, & see no reason why we shouldn't, minus the suspension, of course.

Agree with this. If it wasn’t for an anti-small-club bias on the disciplinary panel, he could very easily have been our main striker last season.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Think you were watching a different start to last season that me.

Not sure you were watching at all, to be honest. We really struggled to score goals until Murray was back to fitness. Again, I'm not having a go at Tomer because he'll always be fondly remembered for the goals he scored in the promotion season, and the nearly season. He did the job he was brought in to do, but we've moved on. He hasn't improved his game enough to justify still being in the squad and he would be better off going to a club who will play him. It won't be tough to find an ambitious Championship club to take him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Tomer started last season as our only striker. Then he took his chance - for a lone striker playing in a team struggling to find its feet at a new level, he was scoring goals at an impressive rate. Then came the suspension (unfair IMHO, hounded by pundits who should have known better) - and in came Murray, who also then took his chance so well that Tomer couldn't get back in.
Yes, we've probably moved on from Tomer (and Murray) but he could still do a job if called upon. If I were him, though, I'd be looking for a regular first team gig elsewhere.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Hemed will be going nowhere now that Murray is injured.
He is missing important pre-season work which at his age will take a while to catch up.
Look how missing this period affected Knockhaert.
Any team wanting to get out of the Championship should be looking at Hemed.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Brilliant penalty taker, much better than Murray - but you can’t have him in the team just for spot kicks

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe that he has had his time at the Albion as we have moved on and upgraded Murray even at 34 years old and 4th striker is an upgrade on him. I also prefer Murray's penalty technique to his. I like the striker to smash the ball with pace.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I believe that he has had his time at the Albion as we have moved on and upgraded Murray even at 34 years old and 4th striker is an upgrade on him. I also prefer Murray's penalty technique to his. I like the striker to smash the ball with pace.

I prefer the penalty taker to score if it’s ours. Tomer has a much better record than Murray (and in fact almost anyone else).

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London

Can’t agree with that. The one area where Hemed is far superior is on penalties...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Murray's pens are quite often smash and hope. Not in the same league as Hemed. Even Pascal's single conversion is better. He knew exactly where he wanted the ball to nestle.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I like Hemed and think he has it in him to be an asset in terms of squad players.

I would not be happy to see him start on a regular basis as he lacks the pace and strength to compete as a PL regular. He could serve as a useful impact player because he holds the ball up well and scores some fantastic goals if we are putting pressure on the oppositions penalty area.

It all hinges on Locadia IMO. He's yet to show us that he is ready to push Murray out and remains a massive question mark as to his potential.

Soooo. I'd keep TH for now and assess after Christmas. If we're looking likely to compete without Hemed in the league then maybe sell or loan in Jan.

P.s. I think Gross should take pens. He's German. End of.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I like Hemed, decent player with a good attitude, contributes to the side in more than just goals but will score given the chance too. Yeah he's 4th choice and I wouldn't blame him if he wanted a move to get more football but I'm quite content to still have him here.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Time for him and baldock to move on as we need a deeper squad of quality and pace and these two are championship at best.

We could get £8 million for the pair :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here