Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tomer Hemed

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Am I alone in thinking there's more to come from Tomer in the blue & white stripes? He started last season really well and was a little unfortunate to lose his place. With Murray's age and the knock he's carrying I think there's a real chance we could see a repeat this season, and with the extra quality we now how being able to deliver better service who knows what Tomer could do, after all he's a great header of the ball and his hold-up play is very good. I really hope he stays and gets another chance.

He simply lacks the skill and physical aptitudes necessary to succeed in the premier league. That really should be obvious to anyone who's seen him play. We'd have gone down with Hemed up top last year. So no, there isn't any more to come.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I'd rather keep Baldock because he has one PL required attribute - pace. I'm surprised there is not a queue of Championship clubs trying to sign Tomer though because he is a VERY good striker at that level. He's no way Premier League standard.

What I'd prefer even more is that the 4th striker spot could be filled by an U23 coming through.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He simply lacks the skill and physical aptitudes necessary to succeed in the premier league. That really should be obvious to anyone who's seen him play. We'd have gone down with Hemed up top last year. So no, there isn't any more to come.

I reluctantly agree. Reluctantly, as he’s a top guy, gives 100% and did pretty well in the few games he had last season.

but surely no one thinks he’s good enough to lead the line in the premier league.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Murray scores with sheer power or as has been said misses the target but Hemed's are always the same and very predictable, same corner, same stutter on the run up and with the goalkeeping coaching I am surprised more havent realised this and saved them We all know where they are going and are usually correct, so why do other keepers not.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He isn't quick, he isn't strong, he doesn't have a good touch, not particularly good movement, not particularly good in the air and needs several chances to score.

Pick any of those reasons why he isn't going to be a player for us this season. I like Tomer, but he's a Championship standard striker and not good enough for this level. He's been left behind by the quality of the squad.

Harsh words perhaps, but ultimately true. If Tomer does find himself in the starting line up this season, there is something ultimately wrong. We shelled out a lot of money on Andone, and particularly Locadia to improve our forward options, and if one or either isn't starting ahead of Hemed, they will rightly want to know why.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Harsh words perhaps, but ultimately true. If Tomer does find himself in the starting line up this season, there is something ultimately wrong. We shelled out a lot of money on Andone, and particularly Locadia to improve our forward options, and if one or either isn't starting ahead of Hemed, they will rightly want to know why.

Yes, agree entirely. Tomer is a good player, works hard, knows where the goal is, but ultimately the PL is a step too far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Am I alone in thinking there's more to come from Tomer in the blue & white stripes? He started last season really well and was a little unfortunate to lose his place. With Murray's age and the knock he's carrying I think there's a real chance we could see a repeat this season, and with the extra quality we now how being able to deliver better service who knows what Tomer could do, after all he's a great header of the ball and his hold-up play is very good. I really hope he stays and gets another chance.

Championship standard - move on

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Biggest load of bollocks I have heard for a while on here.

Me too. Only surpassed by his assessment of Baldock prior to our promotion season (in which I suspect he did not post having been proved so profoundly wrong).

Andone is our upgraded Hemed. What we need upfront is an option of outright pace and until Percy joins, I’d prefer to have Baldock or one of the U23 lads as 4th choice.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Biggest load of bollocks I have heard for a while on here.
What are you talking about? It's a harsh assessment but not unfair. We all like Hemed and would wish him well, but there's a reason he didn't feature much last season. He's nowhere near midtable Premier League class. CLEARLY.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Not sure you were watching at all, to be honest.

"Think you were watching a different game" (or similar) - recognition that two people can see the same thing very differently
"Not sure you were watching at all" - arrogance

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He is strong. He is good in the air and his movement is good. That is why it is bollocks. He is, at the very worst, top end championship. So how can he not be good at those things? If he was not good at those things he would be banging around league 2.
It's all relative and we are a Premier League club. He is not good at any of those things if we are using this division as a yardstick.

He is a good solid Championship player though, just not good enough for us anymore (sadly).

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It's all relative and we are a Premier League club. He is not good at any of those things if we are using this division as a yardstick.

He is a good solid Championship player though, just not good enough for us anymore (sadly).

Well; I think he is.

So - pah!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The original statement was not given relative to the premier league, it was given generally. In the context that the original statement was made, Hemed is good at all those things. He might be on the low end in the premier league, so are we as a club at the moment, but that is a different discussion.
The context is implied, surely. He's 4th choice and unlikely to get a look in here. That's all the context you need.

If we were a Championship club, I'd be happy enough with him - although we have barely seen him play for 18 months so even that might not actually be true any more.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Tomer has plenty of strengths, but given the amount of money the club has spend on Locadia and Andone, you would hope they will eclipse him.
However, this will take time, and for the moment I'd be happy enough if he was retained as a squad player for the moment.
I'd also have to say having watched the AFC Wimbledon via Seagulls TV today, I would put my hat on Tomer having stuck away at least one of the three clear chances Locadia missed. Let's hope he's got his eye by the time the season starts :lolol:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Tomer has plenty of strengths, but given the amount of money the club has spend on Locadia and Andone, you would hope they will eclipse him.
However, this will take time, and I'd be happy enough if he was retained as a squad player for the moment.
I'd also have to say having watched the AFC Wimbledon via Seagulls TV today, I would put my hat on Tomer having stuck away at least one of the three clear chances Locadia missed. Let's hope he's got his eye by the time the season starts :lolol:

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here