Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Everton signing Richarlison for £50 million

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Yes, you read that right....FIFTY....MILLION....POUNDS

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...gning-Richarlison-Watford-deal-worth-50m.html

This has to be the most obscene, overinflated transfer of the last 5 years at least. The thought that a player who had an average season (regardless of how talented he is) could go for 50 million to a clubs like Everton is ridiculous. This will put paid to their interest in Mr Tumble from up the road, but that aside this is astounding. Absolutely mad.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That's mental money. He was also, after a decent start, very average for the last few months of the season as Watford fans would confirm.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Another reason why we've been correct to get our business done early this window. Sooner or later there was going to be a bid for money so stupid it made Baldrick's bum look like an Oxford Don. This may be it, to be fair.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes, you read that right....FIFTY....MILLION....POUNDS

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...gning-Richarlison-Watford-deal-worth-50m.html

This has to be the most obscene, overinflated transfer of the last 5 years at least. The thought that a player who had an average season (regardless of how talented he is) could go for 50 million to a clubs like Everton is ridiculous. This will put paid to their interest in Mr Tumble from up the road, but that aside this is astounding. Absolutely mad.

Obscene? overinflated? yes absolutely, unfortunately however it doesn't surprise me in the least. Like it or not, this is modern day football for you.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
Obscene? overinflated? yes absolutely, unfortunately however it doesn't surprise me in the least. Like it or not, this is modern day football for you.

See, even though we have all been accustomed to modern football for a few years now, even this surprises me. 30 million and i'd have said 'oh well', 40 and most would probably raise an eyebrow but 50 is sheer lunacy and whoever agreed to that should be sectioned.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
Also, I know we've said this literally every time an average player gets a megabucks move, but if Richarlison is 'worth' 50 million, then what must Groß be worth?

Bearing in mind Richarlison got 5 goals and 4 assists last season...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
See, even though we have all been accustomed to modern football for a few years now, even this surprises me. 30 million and i'd have said 'oh well', 40 and most would probably raise an eyebrow but 50 is sheer lunacy and whoever agreed to that should be sectioned.

If Bill Kenwright had still been in charge of the purse strings l'm sure this wouldnt have happened, they have a new Iranian owner though, so it appears, that almost anything goes.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Wilf must be worth £80/90 m in that case .

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Bernardo is going to look like a Brazilian snip later this season when he starts doing his best Cafu/Roberto Carlos impressions.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Mr Tumble

:clap2:

If Wilf does go, Steve Parish will be furious. He's just taken delivery of 5'000 Zaha-themed footballs for the club shop.

Attachments

• 81hTJO3vehL._SX355_.jpg
    81hTJO3vehL._SX355_.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 618

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The real why he had to leave Watford, was that he beat Troy Deeney in their pre season gurning competition.
No one fecks with the Troy :Lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here