Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Everton signing Richarlison for £50 million

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Scored 5 in 12, which then became 5 in 41, did not score for 29 games straight. FIFTY million, the world's gone nuts.
His record is similar to that of Silva, potential but actually quite unproven.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
It's crazy money for him but they probably can't attract many players who are actually worth that money and have to over pay them or else sign players of a lower standard. Sadly in this case they might have done both!

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Everton willing to knowingly pay over the odds to prevent the incoming managerial compensation claim.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If this goes through, Everton will have spent £100 MILLION on two players - Richarlyson and Sigurdsson. Two slightly above average premier league players, that is crazy.

There doesn’t appear to be much strategy applied to Everton’s signings these days.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
So thats got to put Wilf up to the £90-100m mark..
Only to you lot, clearly no other team values him that high otherwise he wouldn't still be with you.

I hear you lot are calling him world class without anything to back it up and that next season Juve, Madird and Barca will be after him? Is this true?

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Only to you lot, clearly no other team values him that high otherwise he wouldn't still be with you.

I hear you lot are calling him world class without anything to back it up and that next season Juve, Madird and Barca will be after him? Is this true?

Cant say ive seen those terms about him. Hes at a very high level - has the potential. But dont think you can call some world class who hasn't performed at the very top, world cups, champs league etc

£50m used to get you world class. Think we can all agree that if Richarlison goes for that its grest news for palace and Zahas valuation.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
High risk to pay £40m for an unproven young player. Will the inside knowledge of Silva on the player be telling, or it will be another coup for Pozzo/Watford in gaining way over-value to go out and sign more decent players?

As has been suggested on Twitter, Everton misheard Watford’s valuation of £14m but were too embarrassed to admit it.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Cant say ive seen those terms about him. Hes at a very high level - has the potential. But dont think you can call some world class who hasn't performed at the very top, world cups, champs league etc

£50m used to get you world class. Think we can all agree that if Richarlison goes for that its grest news for palace and Zahas valuation.
Again, your valuation no one else's. Parish will price him out of a move and he will be unhappy. If Tottenham won't pay it then I can't see any off the top 4 paying it tbh, maybe City, but they just bought someone better.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Again, your valuation no one else's. Parish will price him out of a move and he will be unhappy. If Tottenham won't pay it then I can't see any off the top 4 paying it tbh, maybe City, but they just bought someone better.

yes mate - our valuation as in the club who owns the player. E.g the only valuation that matters

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
yes mate - our valuation as in the club who owns the player. E.g the only valuation that matters
So Wilf will be happy to stay if no one is willing to pay your valuation of him? I can see this turning sour next season if Parrish won't drop his valuation and let Wilf move on.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
So Wilf will be happy to stay if no one is willing to pay your valuation of him? I can see this turning sour next season if Parrish won't drop his valuation and let Wilf move on.

Possibly, will have to see how it pans out. Can’t hold him back forever I suppose. Nobody really knows Wilfs wishes, ambitions etc.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Possibly, will have to see how it pans out. Can’t hold him back forever I suppose. Nobody really knows Wilfs wishes, ambitions etc.
To be honest I think we all know Wilfs wishes - He wants to play at the highest level he can to prove him self like any naturally skilled player would. Yes I am saying he is naturally skilled without the blue and white tinted glasses.

I just think, well more of an hope, that next season will be a big shock when he does go as I don't think he will go for £70m and Utd have to have their slice as well and you won't be able to buy 3/4 players with it like most are suggesting/hoping.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here