Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Aston Villa receive 'significant investment' from billionaires

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Aston Villa will receive “significant investment” from NSWE, a company controlled by billionaires Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens, the*Championship*club have announced.

The club’s owner, Dr Tony Xia, engaged in talks with the Egyptian group, eventually agreeing to a co-ownership model. Xia will remain on the board at Villa Park and become co-chairman.

Sawiris is worth a reported £5.2bn, according to Forbes. His co-investor, Edens, has experience in sport, as he co-owns basketball franchise the Milwaukee Bucks."

Here comes the next Man City...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
According to that buffoon Xia, the Championship "isn't very hard to get out of" *

* this was said before he spent £70m+ to finish behind Preston and Brentford.

el punal

Aston Villa will receive “significant investment” from NSWE, a company controlled by billionaires Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens, the*Championship*club have announced.

The club’s owner, Dr Tony Xia, engaged in talks with the Egyptian group, eventually agreeing to a co-ownership model. Xia will remain on the board at Villa Park and become co-chairman.

Sawiris is worth a reported £5.2bn, according to Forbes. His co-investor, Edens, has experience in sport, as he co-owns basketball franchise the Milwaukee Bucks."

Here comes the next Man City...

Bye-bye Steve Bruce. Hello Gianfranco Zola. Goodbye Gianfranco Zola. Hello Sam Allardyce. Goodbye Sam Allardyce. Hello Sven-Goran Eriksson. Goodbye Sven . . . . It’s now December 2018. :drink:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
* Awaits John Terry to state he never wanted to leave Villa at the end of the season and would very much like a new contract thank you very much *

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Can I just check, is FFP still in place? If so, what are the punishments now? Do clubs just completely ignore it now after the QPR and Bournemouth examples? Surely under the original aims of FFP, it doesn't matter how rich your owners are as you can't spend more than a certain percentage above your income.

D

Deleted member 18477

Can I just check, is FFP still in place? If so, what are the punishments now? Do clubs just completely ignore it now after the QPR and Bournemouth examples? Surely under the original aims of FFP, it doesn't matter how rich your owners are as you can't spend more than a certain percentage above your income.

That’s how it should have worked... but with anything... there seems to be loopholes...

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
For now this looks like a 'get out of jail' card for them. But we have all seen this type of thing go horribly wrong. Will be entertaining to watch it unfold, that's for sure.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Not sure how much scope they have to spend shit loads. It's done a 3-year rolling basis now, is it not? They "went for it" last season and came unstuck - can't see they have much headroom to do the same again this season.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am going to laugh until my anus prolapses if they spunk more millions up the wall and miss out on promotion again.

Anyone who ends up above Stoke and West Brom will get automatic this season.

Yep, a tall order in my opinion.

el punal

Anyone who ends up above Stoke and West Brom will get automatic this season.

Yep, a tall order in my opinion.

Predicting who gets promoted from the Championship these days is like predicting the winning number on a roulette wheel. There are always the usual suspects - the teams who have just been relegated from the PL, the “BIG” clubs who seem to be in the eternal Hades of the Championship, the cash splashers with foreign owners who implode within weeks.

Just take your pick, place your bets, and good luck!

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
It really does get more difficult season by season to get out of The Championship. That's why it's such a great league. There will hopefully always be one team who make it out by sheer hard graft & great football.

That won't be Villa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here