Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Your Scottish Club and why?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
My Gran was born in Cowdenbeath so I also pop up and watch the Blue Brazil when working in Dunfermline.

At that level you tend to work with youngsters that have been in the huge old firm youth systems and play for the lower league Scottish teams or with their parents who think they are just a shot away from the big time.

Central Park is a bonkers ground. It has a banger racing track around it, an open terrace where I like to stand with a very old school snack bar. Away and home fans mix and I have seen some heated arguments and punch ups. Supporters take pet dogs and you can also walk around and sit on the stand if it rains.

I have no idea why this video is so long but it shows its glamour. They just avoided relegation to the highland league for the second time, scapping through a two leg play off. I hope their fortune improves this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_LFWDjkpEk

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
My uncle is a St. Mirren fan so I look out for them. Not my team though. I can't get worked up enough to have a team.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Also Hibs for absolutely no reason at all other than they were one of the Scottish teams to appear in the 87/88 Panini book.

I love the fact that they sing Sunshine on Leith. I've never even been to ****ing Scotland.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Rangers

Since 1967 when my elder brother got a Celtic Subbuteo team. I bought a Subbuteo strip which was blue and white and could be used for about 50 teams in a Subbuteo Competition. He was limited to about three teams (in the days when Yeovil Town weren't on the radar). I must admit that I have never liked Celtic and never will. The triumvirate of evil is Celtic,Manure and Pal@rse.

So in summary it is a simple allegiance to a team I supported in my childhood and when I moved up to Glasgow in 1983 it made sense for me to continue my support. With Murphy and Goldson now signing it makes it all the better.

TNBA

TTF

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Also Hibs for absolutely no reason at all other than they were one of the Scottish teams to appear in the 87/88 Panini book.

I love the fact that they sing Sunshine on Leith. I've never even been to ****ing Scotland.

You really should visit, large parts of Scotland are stunning.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I went up to Aberdeen in 1990 to visit a pal whom I had worked in Tenerife the previous year with. He had authored a book "The Casuals" all about his exploits following his favourite team. I can't remember who they played that day but always keep an eye out for their result. Windy it was.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Albion Rovers.
Also don’t mind Rangers.

Went up to Glasgow in 79/80 (we were playing in the Caledonian Cup), got invited into the Directors Box, sat with Davie Cooper, Derek Johnstone and perhaps John Greig in front of me, Jock Stein in front of them, but best of all next to Eric Steele!!!

We watched Brighton beat Westham 3-1, having lost to Kilmarnock (on pens) the previous day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
Celtic as my dad supported them he is from Glasgow.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
They play football in Scotland?
Who knew?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
isn't there a rather nice hedge at Glebe Park,Brechin

Is it still there, I thought UEFA told them to remove it once. Or was this just fake news.

Attachments

• Hedge .jpeg
    Hedge .jpeg
    182.6 KB · Views: 313

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here