Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Your Scottish Club and why?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Thanks. The title of the thread is "Your Scottish club and why".

it was tongue in cheek mate , i recently attempted to tell my friend from dublin that "2 teams matter in ireland , celtic and man utd" she was p*sssed herself that i thought she wouldnt know.

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
Queen of the South.

Happy connections to Dumfries...and.....of course..check out the floodlights at Palmerston Park, oldtimers.

Brilliant ground. Funny old town

Top result today.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
it was tongue in cheek mate , i recently attempted to tell my friend from dublin that "2 teams matter in ireland , celtic and man utd" she was p*sssed herself that i thought she wouldnt know.

Unfortunately I'd say Utd massively outweigh Celtic there now - seems Liverpool are also up there.

Shame really as a few of the Dublin clubs are potentially pretty big, but they just can't get the crowds.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Ross County. A couple of years ago on holiday in Scotland we stayed on the camp site in Dingwall, which is accessed down a road which runs alongside the Ross County FC Ground. We were there on a Saturday, and it said on their website that on matchdays there might be congestion around the ground/campsite. We drove out to do some shopping coinciding with the end of the match - delayed us by all of three minutes.

We did adopt them, though, and were particularly pleased to see them beat local rivals Inverness CT at one point last season.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
Forfar for me. As a kid I loved the Two Ronnie’s sketch where they did the football scores and it was East Fife 5 Forfar so far 4. It stuck and then started to look out for Des Lynam reading their score out on the videprinter. Always a joy when they got four! Never been I haven’t a clue where Forfar is but still have a check on the result

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
St Mirren.

They've kept the same badge for years and I follow the Buddies results every season. Brilliant winning the Championship last season but with the outstanding Lewis Morgan gone I'd be happy for them to just avoid relegation. Love Street was a real dump of a ground and the new one is just a model based on a similar Burton Albion with more seating though. They got thumped 6-0 by Sunderland this afternoon at home - embarassing!

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
With a mate we decided to pick a Scottish team each when we were kids - he chose Queen of the South & I chose Cowdenbeath. They used to regularly play each other in those days although QoS won most of the time annoyingly!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Also have a (only very slightly) soft spot for Arbroath. have spent happy summer days on the beech there with the family when young, and never watched football - but their ground is actually on the promenade, right next to the North Sea! Must be the coldest place in the UK on matchdays sometimes!

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I went through a plastic paddy phase for a few years in my 30s so followed Celtic for a bit.

Soon grew out of it, shame London Irish never did.

Bloody hell you sound like the sort of bloke you dread getting stuck talking to at a party...

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Celtic.

Loudest singing I have ever heard in a stadium. Obviously the Holmesdale Fanatics will be even louder once their voices break...

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Also have a (only very slightly) soft spot for Arbroath. have spent happy summer days on the beech there with the family when young, and never watched football - but their ground is actually on the promenade, right next to the North Sea! Must be the coldest place in the UK on matchdays sometimes!

It could well be but I've heard some horror stories of Grimsby Town and the smell of their fish when the wind picks up. :sick:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
My Gran was born in Cowdenbeath so I also pop up and watch the Blue Brazil when working in Dunfermline.

At that level you tend to work with youngsters that have been in the huge old firm youth systems and play for the lower league Scottish teams or with their parents who think they are just a shot away from the big time.

Central Park is a bonkers ground. It has a banger racing track around it, an open terrace where I like to stand with a very old school snack bar. Away and home fans mix and I have seen some heated arguments and punch ups. Supporters take pet dogs and you can also walk around and sit on the stand if it rains.

I have no idea why this video is so long but it shows its glamour. They just avoided relegation to the highland league for the second time, scapping through a two leg play off. I hope their fortune improves this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_LFWDjkpEk

Not Scottish, but so do Ballymena in N. Ireland, and it's caused a bit of a hoo-ha

Ballymena United anger over race car pitch damage

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
None.

Because I don't like Scotch football.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Hibees...and latterly Partick Thistle as the kids spent their formative years in the red and yellow of Abu Dhabi Thistle - biggest expat club over there often up against Escola Barca, Man City Academy and other loosely affiliated soccer schools that appeal to the locals

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Stranraer....as my father turned out for them during the war years whilst he was stationed with the RAF near the town.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here