Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Your Scottish Club and why?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Has been done before but:

The Blue Brazil - Cowdenbeath

On the way back from seeing us lose to Lincoln and sat in the back of my dad’s car listening to Sports Report and the classified football results my cousin and I decided to adopt the two bottom teams of the Scottish league so we had an interest all the way through - you know, past the conference, then other non leagues, women’s results and finally the Scottish League division two (as it was then).

Cowdenbeath was mine and [MENTION=812]Gotsmanov[/MENTION] got Arbroath.

We resolved to only go and watch if they were drawn in the Scottish Cup, which to date hasn’t happened sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowdenbeath and Arbroath are both local rivals of my Scottish team, Montrose Nil FC as l call them. All three teams have been cannon fodder for pretty much as long as l can remember.

Last season though, for pretty much the first time in anyone's living memory, Montrose won promotion. I've no idea why l chose Montrose, probably because it was quite a pleasant sounding name, and as l understand it, it's a pleasant little town with a nice harbour. One day l'll go up and see them play.

Footnote, big Doug Rougvie was player manager at Montrose from 1990 until 1992.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
20180427_130854.jpg

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
My son lives in Forres, so whenever I'm visiting I try and get along to support Forres Mechanics who play in the Highland League.
I also try and get along to watch Inverness Caledonian Thistle when possible. Their mascot is based on the Loch Ness Monster and has to be the best named mascot ever.....

View attachment 98891

Is he faceless with reversedirectional feet? If so then I applaud the cheek!

Cracking football and mascot name all the same.

TNBA

TTF

Gotsmanov

Aug 13, 2003
Brighton
Cowdenbeath and Arbroath are both local rivals of my Scottish team, Montrose Nil FC as l call them. All three teams have been cannon fodder for pretty much as long as l can remember.

Last season though, for pretty much the first time in anyone's living memory, Montrose won promotion. I've no idea why l chose Montrose, probably because it was quite a pleasant sounding name, and as l understand it, it's a pleasant little town with a nice harbour. One day l'll go up and see them play.

Footnote, big Doug Rougvie was player manager at Montrose from 1990 until 1992.
Both Cowdenbeath and Montrose are scum.

Never been to either, mind.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Has been done before but:

The Blue Brazil - Cowdenbeath

On the way back from seeing us lose to Lincoln and sat in the back of my dad’s car listening to Sports Report and the classified football results my cousin and I decided to adopt the two bottom teams of the Scottish league so we had an interest all the way through - you know, past the conference, then other non leagues, women’s results and finally the Scottish League division two (as it was then).

Cowdenbeath was mine and [MENTION=812]Gotsmanov[/MENTION] got Arbroath.

We resolved to only go and watch if they were drawn in the Scottish Cup, which to date hasn’t happened sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar reason for me - I used to pore over the results section in the Sunday papers and Cowdenbeath always seemed to lose and it was always in front of about 300 fans. My soft spot for them increased when I discovered their nickname is The Blue Brazil. I'm hoping to fulfil a lifetime ambition this season by going to see them - I'm pencilling in the game against Queen's Park in November.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Used to follow the exploits of Gretna and Kenny Deuchar.Rare was the Saturday that Jeff Stelling didn't come out with 'and the good Doctor has scored again'.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Berwick, because it’s in England and Rangers as Tommy Craig was a distant relation.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Briefly St Johnstone for the one season the mighty Fran Sandaza played for them.

Lost interest when he moved to Rangers.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Listening to 'Sports Report' as a small boy, I liked the sound of 'Celtic' better than 'Rangers' - a view reinforced by one of the results read out on one of the first Sports Reports I ever listened too included 'Celtic 7 Rangers 1' -I think it was a Scottish League Cup final.
In the late 60s (European Cup winners - and early 70s (how the f*** did they lose to Feyenord after totally destroying the mighty Leeds over two legs?) - Celtic were, and still are, one of the best and most exciting teams I've ever seen. With practically the whole team born and living within 15 miles of Glasgow Cross it was even more incredible.
Now, with the Connor Goldson factor, I will be following Rangers progress with interest.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I watched games at quite a few Scottish grounds, including an Albion Rovers home league match in Coatbridge - attendance 250!

In a concrete bowl that once held 10,000's from a past era of huge occasional attendances. Normally when Rangers or Celtic were in town.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
The mighty Queen of the South (aka the Doonhamers), from Galloway so my local team (too far to Stranraer), and my old man was a shareholder. still remember being excited when I went aged about 10 with my parents to buy a new car and the salesman was Alan Ball (QoS goalkeeper) would made 600+ appearances. My first great footballl moment was the last game of 80/81 season when we had to win 6-0 to get promoted out of division 2 or Queens Park beat Cowdenbeath. Being pre-internet this involved the odd person in the crowd listening in to the radio, it went round that a penalty had beeen given to QP and it was surreal the ground went deathly quiet, whilst we waited for the news and the place erupted, same in second half Cowdenbeath missed there one, we won 3-0 and promoted to 1st division, mass pitch invasion followed. D7jr’s first ever game was Scottish cup final in 2008 when we nearly beat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here