Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Romain Vincelot

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I always liked his attitude as a player, glad he's still playing league football.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Morais has gone there too. He was a trialist for us if I remember rightly.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Scored one of my favorite headers at the Amex against Coventry

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
He must still own property or have family down here. Crawley have got a very good player and his experience will be a bonus. Shrewd signing by Harry Kewell.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Good luck Romain, a good signing for the Albion who helped us on our way up.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Always felt he was underrated for us mainly due to his versatility so never really commanded one position

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
I remember he and Ashley Barnes ( if my memory serves me correctly) getting sent off against Burnley in the first 9 minutes in one of the early Amex matches! Liked him as a player so good luck for his career at Crawley

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I remember he and Ashley Barnes ( if my memory serves me correctly) getting sent off against Burnley in the first 9 minutes in one of the early Amex matches! Liked him as a player so good luck for his career at Crawley

I was about to mention that. Punched a player in the back, right in front of the dug out and the linesman. Complete spanner that day.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I felt like walking out after ten minutes...my whole Saturday afternoon ruined....turned out to be a cracking match and atmosphere...we almost got something out of the game when CMS was through......but alas

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
One of the most remarkable things about Romain was that, in a particular game, he 'sorted' one of our's dislocated shoulders during a match - cannot remember which match but it remains in my mind where he said to teammate - you can go off or alternatively I can fix it for you NOW which he did. It hurt but !!
He was a top pro and one who could play in a number of positions.
Very best of luck to him :bowdown:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Very good player with a great attitude. Possibly let down by his versatility when he played for us, in that he could cover a number of positions so was a good player to have in the squad but wasn't quite good enough in any of those positions to become a regular starter. His headed goal against Coventry was a cracker.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Always felt he was underrated for us mainly due to his versatility so never really commanded one position

Absolutely - he was a victim on the increase in the number of subs allowed on the bench. When there were only 5, having someone who could play across the defence and even defensive midfield was a real asset.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I felt like walking out after ten minutes...my whole Saturday afternoon ruined....turned out to be a cracking match and atmosphere...we almost got something out of the game when CMS was through......but alas

For me, that was the day the Amex came of age :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here