Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where do you want The Albion to be in 5 years time?

Where do YOU want Albion to be in 5 years time?

• In the Champions League

Votes: 22 9.6%
  • In a European Competition

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • Top 6 Premier League Side

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Top 10 Premier League Side

Votes: 92 40.4%
  • In the Premier League

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Championship

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • League One

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • League Two

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Call me old fashioned but I would love to see Albion win the FA Cup.
That , and survival , would be superb

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Premier League

And consistently finished above those scumbags from the ghetto

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Some people say it is the hope that kills. I think it is no hope that is the killer.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Utterly astounded that so few have voted 'Champions League'. Jeez!

Any particular reason for actively embracing the least possible growth pattern? Lucky the board probably have a higher vision than just bumbling along forevermore, like many of the Bennies on this thread seem to advocate.

This Benny doesn't want to get priced out of going to regular games. Rock solid Premier League will do for me.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Brighton & crystal palace Albion, so we can finally stop being jealous about their owners, ground, training facility, manager, goal music, pet eagle, location, fan base message board...

...oh wait, sorry my mistake, I got that round the wrong way, didn't I?

I don't care where we are in the league as long as we have a pet seagull.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I want the club to be well run and profitable so our future is not put in jeopardy.

I want to be able to watch games easily and often so the Premier League is better in that sense.

I would love to produce some quality youngsters who play for the first team.

I would love to see us win a major trophy during this period of strength (realistically this is a cup).

A crack at Europe after the cup win would be brilliant.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Ultimately to be an established Premier League team, and have at least one visit to Wembley under our belts preferably a win with in five years.
No team can aim to just be established, aiming no higher and I expect us to be no different, because that is when you become comfortable and lazy, splashing out on big wages on mercenaries who don't care about the club or history and get relegated like WBA or Stoke.

I expect in five years a break away league in Europe of some kind and the possibility of "Top teams" playing in a Super European League, which will introduce a whole new dynamics to the Premier League.

If you want progression then Europe can be the only answer.

This is Brighton, and as fast as we rise, we all know we can fall even faster....

Let's hope it is not for a while, these are the most exciting times I can recall supporting the Albion, I am full of optimism for the future.....

Christ we just signed a Brazilian, come on people a bloody Brazilian...

All aboard the Albion Express......................

I think the next step is the most precarious. So many teams seem to have 'invested' to become a top ten club and come a cropper. West Ham look likely to be the next one just as Palace avoided it late last season.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Utterly astounded that so few have voted 'Champions League'. Jeez!

Any particular reason for actively embracing the least possible growth pattern? Lucky the board probably have a higher vision than just bumbling along forevermore, like many of the Bennies on this thread seem to advocate.

I voted top ten because I decided that to take the question at face value would only elicit one answer.

To me the question also includes a large caveat, I would like, above and beyond everything else, for the club to continue to be well run. My opinion and chosen answer is based on this and the idea that winning the champions League cannot be done on a sensible well run budget.

To be in the Champions League would take a monumental gamble in terms of $$$$ and I would rather we didn't take it.

Obviously I would love to see us in the Champions League with a bunch of local talent that have come through the ranks. However that is in the realms of fantasy and while i sit here at work waiting for the weekend my imagination just cannot stretch to it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This Benny doesn't want to get priced out of going to regular games. Rock solid Premier League will do for me.

Fair enough, but I just find the lack of ambition indicated in the poll results a bit head-mental. 40% want us to be a Top 10 PL side, but only 1% want us to be a Top 6 PL side. REALLY?!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Like: total domination: back to back trebles

Want (ie realistic possibility): mid-table PL with a cup run to, say, the semi.

Expect (most likely): lower reaches PL, having had a season or two back in the Championship; similar cup run to last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here