Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where do you want The Albion to be in 5 years time?

Where do YOU want Albion to be in 5 years time?

• In the Champions League

Votes: 22 9.6%
  • In a European Competition

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • Top 6 Premier League Side

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Top 10 Premier League Side

Votes: 92 40.4%
  • In the Premier League

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Championship

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • League One

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • League Two

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Why have only 11% put "In the Champions League"?

Champions League football - coupled with Bloom and Barber's sound management of the club - would be hugely exciting.

"IF" we could afford it, I think TB's been amazing but even his pockets aren't that deep and some would rather not risk external investment in the club for CL.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Ultimately to be an established Premier League team, and have at least one visit to Wembley under our belts preferably a win with in five years.
No team can aim to just be established, aiming no higher and I expect us to be no different, because that is when you become comfortable and lazy, splashing out on big wages on mercenaries who don't care about the club or history and get relegated like WBA or Stoke.

I expect in five years a break away league in Europe of some kind and the possibility of "Top teams" playing in a Super European League, which will introduce a whole new dynamics to the Premier League.

If you want progression then Europe can be the only answer.

This is Brighton, and as fast as we rise, we all know we can fall even faster....

Let's hope it is not for a while, these are the most exciting times I can recall supporting the Albion, I am full of optimism for the future.....

Christ we just signed a Brazilian, come on people a bloody Brazilian...

All aboard the Albion Express......................

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
People are being realistic. It would - of course it would be - and of course Leicester did it but that sort of thing happens only once in a generation. Champions League football? Extremely unlikely.

"Where do YOU want the Albion to be in 5 years time?" - 93% of people saying outside the Champions League.

I get the feeling that even if the Albion could have Champions League football for a block of years a lot of fans would reject that.

Is that because it would make us a big club and some fans would prefer us not to be a big club?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Utterly astounded that so few have voted 'Champions League'. Jeez!

Any particular reason for actively embracing the least possible growth pattern? Lucky the board probably have a higher vision than just bumbling along forevermore, like many of the Bennies on this thread seem to advocate.

Last edited:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Whilst prefer Championship and above an honest answer is dont care. Enjoy going to Albion whatever division.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Challenging for the title with the 'big 6' having ****ed off to some super league playing half of their 'home' fixtures in China.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
"Where do YOU want the Albion to be in 5 years time?" - 93% of people saying outside the Champions League.

I get the feeling that even if the Albion could have Champions League football for a block of years a lot of fans would reject that.

Is that because it would make us a big club and some fans would prefer us not to be a big club?

I think you're misunderstanding how the vast majority have interpreted the question. It should probably read as "Where do you REALISTICALLY want Albion to be in 5 years time"

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think you're misunderstanding how the vast majority have interpreted the question. It should probably read as "Where do you REALISTICALLY want Albion to be in 5 years time"

In which case why was "Champions League" one of the options?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
In which case why was "Champions League" one of the options?

Some may see the funds or external investment required to reach the CL as a risk too far. We've all seen clubs rise and plummet, maybe some of us just want sound finances, Premier League football and TB?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I would love us to have won a cup and therefore fulfil a second ambition of seeing us play in a continental competition.

I also sense TB doesn’t just want Premier League survival but much like his poker skills is unlikely to come out and say “yeah we’re shooting for the stars and want to win the league/cup/Champions League etc”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London

I think you're taking this a bit too seriously...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Some may see the funds or external investment required to reach the CL as a risk too far. We've all seen clubs rise and plummet, maybe some of us just want sound finances, Premier League football and TB?

I'd love to see the Albion in the Champions League in part because I'd like to see how the risks and rewards that comes with such standing would impact on Bloom and Barber's decision-making.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
If the club is still in the Premier League in 5 years time, I would like to see maybe plans to increase the capacity of the stadium, if there is enough demand, and if it is indeed possible( I have seen threads about that issue) the extra revenue could help in the long term to take the club to the next level.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here